Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Windshield Repair Besides Tesla, Whom Would You Trust?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm staring at the second windshield chip in a week (was fixed last Thursday night by Tesla in Fremont, CA). Ironically, enough, on my way home from TSC to return a loaner tire they had given us until we could get our tire repaired (third tire this month to get a screw. Suspicious?). I can't even believe it. The guy who did the repair on the last chip did an amazing job (at TSC), but they don't have an appointment until next week. I just can't stand having to wait and let this thing creep across the windshield. I'm nervous that another vendor won't do as good a job as the guy Tesla used, but is that just silly thinking? The other chip was high up on passenger side and in the dark area by the edge. You can't tell where the chip was. This chip is on the driver side clearly visible.

Has anyone else used a third party to repair cracks or chips in the windshield? How did it turn out? Which company did you use?

I'm also fed-up with driving on 880 where all those gravel trucks go and it would just be my luck to get another ding on the way home. I do like the idea of someone coming here to the house to fix it, but don't want to sacrifice quality for convenience.

Thanks in advance for your insights.