Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 1000 mile issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

3 weeks into owning my first Tesla ever.

I have driven 1000 miles and here are the issues I have been through.

1. Service in general
I do believe that Tesla's service sucks.
1) They created new issue while fixing the issue.
During the delivery, I noticed that my rear seats do not fold. They told me to schedule an appointment. SC fixed the issue, but now my rear seats are not aligned. When I unfold them back, the right rear seat actually stands out upward and frontward. I made a complaint about it and the SA gave the classic "within spec" and actually told me I can manually adjust it again to make them align. So, every time I unfold the seats, they do not align by default, and I have to go through extra step to manually adjust the right rear seat (he actually gave me two thumbs up while showing me this).

2) My lane departure warning did not work from day 1. I noted it in my service appointment, and they told me they changed some setting and tested it to verify it's working. Well, it's not working. My invoice actually says that they tested lane departure on autopilot instead of lane departure warning feature.

3) I have had two service appointments so far - one mobile and one SC. Both times, they email me on the day of my appointment and say they can't make it on time. For mobile appointment, I got an email saying my appointment was re-scheduled, but my original date and rescheduled date was the same. I was very confused. So I called the service number, and the rep told me they don't have the parts so they are rescheduling it but put a wrong date by mistake. I was told someone will text me with a new date. 30 min later, somebody showed up at my door, saying they never intended to reschedule- and guess what, they took a look and said they need to reschedule because they don't have the parts. I was just confused.

2.Tailgate fault
On my second week I noticed that my tailgate would not light up. They acknowledged the fault and ordered the new parts.

3. Noise from the wheel
I noticed this weird noise from my front left wheel. I was told that many people are having the same issue, and it is because the wheel cap is made out of plastic. So basically I need to live with this.

4. Oh and please do not plug your MY every time you park
I saw somewhere that Tesla recommends we plug it in every time car is parked. Well don't do it. I checked the meter reading since I got the car, and I used my two-month average usage of electricity in 3 weeks. For two days I left the car unplugged, my daily usage is aligned with my daily average now. So just plug it once your battery hits 20%.

...Oh and please do not plug your MY every time you park
I saw somewhere that Tesla recommends we plug it in every time car is parked. Well don't do it...

You are not following what the owner's manual wants you to plug in:

"There is no advantage to waiting until the Battery’s level is low before charging. In fact, the Battery performs best when charged regularly."

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Hi guys,

1. Service in general
During the delivery, I noticed that my rear seats do not fold. They told me to schedule an appointment. SC fixed the issue, but now my rear seats are not aligned. When I unfold them back, the right rear seat actually stands out upward and frontward. I made a complaint about it and the SA gave the classic "within spec" and actually told me I can manually adjust it again to make them align. So, every time I unfold the seats, they do not align by default, and I have to go through extra step to manually adjust the right rear seat (he actually gave me two thumbs up while showing me this).

2) My lane departure warning did not work from day 1. I noted it in my service appointment, and they told me they changed some setting and tested it to verify it's working. Well, it's not working. My invoice actually says that they tested lane departure on autopilot instead of lane departure warning feature.

3) I have had two service appointments so far - one mobile and one SC. Both times, they email me on the day of my appointment and say they can't make it on time. For mobile appointment, I got an email saying my appointment was re-scheduled, but my original date and rescheduled date was the same. I was very confused. So I called the service number, and the rep told me they don't have the parts so they are rescheduling it but put a wrong date by mistake. I was told someone will text me with a new date. 30 min later, somebody showed up at my door, saying they never intended to reschedule- and guess what, they took a look and said they need to reschedule because they don't have the parts. I was just confused.

2.Tailgate fault
On my second week I noticed that my tailgate would not light up. They acknowledged the fault and ordered the new parts.

3. Noise from the wheel
I noticed this weird noise from my front left wheel. I was told that many people are having the same issue, and it is because the wheel cap is made out of plastic. So basically I need to live with this.

I saw somewhere that Tesla recommends we plug it in every time car is parked. Well don't do it. I checked the meter reading since I got the car, and I used my two-month average usage of electricity in 3 weeks. For two days I left the car unplugged, my daily usage is aligned with my daily average now. So just plug it once your battery hits 20%.
What is the difference in price by charging 10 percent each night vs 70 percent after 7 nights? It’s the same KwH usage?

Hi guys,

1. Service in general

2.Tailgate fault

3. Noise from the wheel

What does "tailgate will not light up" mean? The interior light on the tailgate itself?

Reactions: angus[Y]oung