Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 6400 mile road trip

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
What brand coolers in the frunk?
Those are the REI brand coolers in the Trunk, those work great and with the ICE blocks it kept the food super cold.

Make sure to pack Gallon size Zip bags so that you can add the Hotel Ice cubes to it and place it inside the bottom of the cooler. That helps for when the Ice blocks thaw out.

Fred

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
The Frunk has 2 soft luggage’s that are made for the Model 3 or Y. Will have to go back and look to see what online store I got those from.

Here is one but other companies carry these.

Fred

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
The wooden table shown above slips down under the passenger seat and you can pull it out for when you’re ready to eat, the bottom folds open with magnets. Company that makes them is posted below. I purchased the plain one and painted it myself.
995C938A-F6D7-4142-B5C3-7BBBFD6B7DAB.jpeg
E8BDA3AA-C2FD-41FE-95F1-1CFEAEB1E28C.jpeg
73E4BADA-BB3F-48FB-9281-0978CAB082D2.jpeg

Johnny Vector

Jun 21, 2020
Maryland
I can’t make out the company from the photo. Can you provide a link?

But they sold out, and the new run is going to be 50% more expensive. Probably a combination of wood has gotten more expensive and hey, if they sell out I can charge more! Which, yes, good for him. Looks like nice workmanship, and a very helpful thing to have for long drives.

Also, unlike certain Tesla-aftermarket companies, he's only asking for 10 (refundable) bucks to pre-order, and is up-front about it being a pre-order.

Reactions: AlexHung

AlexHung

Mar 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA

But they sold out, and the new run is going to be 50% more expensive. Probably a combination of wood has gotten more expensive and hey, if they sell out I can charge more! Which, yes, good for him. Looks like nice workmanship, and a very helpful thing to have for long drives.

Also, unlike certain Tesla-aftermarket companies, he's only asking for 10 (refundable) bucks to pre-order, and is up-front about it being a pre-order.
Thanks! Placed a pre-order. I was literally telling my wife last week that I should design something similar and laser cut a piece of wood.

Reactions: Johnny Vector

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
That table is very nice, it also has a magnetic holder for your cell phone charge cable. I used the table a lot to put my food and drinks on it but you can also put your maps, books or Sudoku puzzle on it. Didn’t spill anything and easy cleanup after, well worth it.

Fred

Dennisis

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2020
Tucson
Have you used the CHADeMO adapter yet? I've thought of buying one just in case but I've taken a few 2K+ road trips so far and never had the need but still, maybe...?
Bump! Any thoughts on your CHADeMO adapter Wennfred? Anyone else have much use for it?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC