Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y back seats (calling test drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, just wondering if anyone could comment on the rear seats in the model Y? My increasingly lanky kids are finding their knees closer and closer to their ears in the back on the M3 as the battery raises the floor height so much. Was wondering how much higher the seats were from the floor in the Y?

Hi, just wondering if anyone could comment on the rear seats in the model Y? My increasingly lanky kids are finding their knees closer and closer to their ears in the back on the M3 as the battery raises the floor height so much. Was wondering how much higher the seats were from the floor in the Y?

Lots of Youtube reviews cover this ... several more inches available in the Y.

I had a drive in Model Y yesterday and in comparison with M3, MY feels more roomier. I can't give you the exact numbers (which I guess you can find in specs), but because of the seats being higher and much more leg room being available, there is more than enough space at the back. I even tried to put the front seat right to the back and even then there was room for my knees.
Although must say I am only 5.7.

Reactions: RichardTheKing
I’ve had my MY a week. Stepson is 6ft 3 , , heaps of room in the back. He can sit with his legs straight out as they extend under the front seats. The rear seat is 39 cm above the floor (measured to the top of an uncompressed cushion)

Reactions: Kenners
I did note somewhere that for some reason the actual total width of the cabin in smaller than the M3. Can't quite figure that one out myself as it seems counterintuitive but the numbers do see to pan out (if I could find them again I would post them here bit I can't).

So yes more leg room but potentially with 3 people in the back, slightly less a$$ room?