Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y beats a c8 stringray drag race

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stumbled across this video on YouTube of a mode Y performance nearly beating the new corvette stingray. On paper the stingray puts down supercar numbers. I’m quite surprised esp because the Y pulled away on the top end. I know it’s just one race but still, I’m impressed

I stumbled across this video on YouTube of a mode Y performance nearly beating the new corvette stingray. On paper the stingray puts down supercar numbers. I’m quite surprised esp because the Y pulled away on the top end. I know it’s just one race but still, I’m impressed

Were we watching the same video?

I don’t think you can even get near the top end in a short drag race and the Corvette handily trounced the Y in a full lap of the course.

News is that a family SUV can put down competitive numbers with an Uber high performance sports car on the drag strip.

Kind of a Man bites Dog thing.

What the title leaves out is that this drag race took place at a mile high strip. Altitude effects ICE vehicles while EV's remain constant. Other issue was temperature. Usually an ICE vehicle does better on cooler days, while an EV's cold battery will suffer a bit.

News is that a family SUV can put down competitive numbers with an Uber high performance sports car on the drag strip.

Kind of a Man bites Dog thing.

What the title leaves out is that this drag race took place at a mile high strip. Altitude effects ICE vehicles while EV's remain constant. Other issue was temperature. Usually an ICE vehicle does better on cooler days, while an EV's cold battery will suffer a bit.

However, I would agree with the comment about the perfect garage. My wife has the 2020 Model X and I have a deposit down on a new C8 (currently have a C7). To me that is the perfect garage.

Drag race doesn’t mean much of anything. Vette at 5,000 feet (losing 10-20% of its power), on cold tires, at who-know-how long. The track numbers are interesting, though. Even handicapping for altitude the MYP is going toe to toe with cars like the M2 and Giulia Quad.