Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Date Push Out to October 2022 - January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just cancelled my EAP, only $6000 but once I started thinking about it, I can subscribe to FSD for $200 a month, that's 30 months of use to get to $6000 and I will only really use it a few times a year for road trips, regular autopilot will be fine between subscriptions for me.
I learned today that the old prices for FSD apply to my order so I will decide once I’ve already paid for my car. Ontario introduced a new luxury car sales tax on any vehicle over $100K. With just the provincial taxes the car is still just under that. If I added the FSD option now, it’ll bump it over that tax bracket and I’ll have to pay an additional $20K before the provincial taxes - no thank you.

I don’t think us Canadians have the option for subscriptions just yet, at least I don’t think? I could be wrong. I’ll definitely look into it some more!

Reactions: JDEWD250 and PewPew
I learned today that the old prices for FSD apply to my order so I will decide once I’ve already paid for my car. Ontario introduced a new luxury car sales tax on any vehicle over $100K. With just the provincial taxes the car is still just under that. If I added the FSD option now, it’ll bump it over that tax bracket and I’ll have to pay an additional $20K before the provincial taxes - no thank you.

I don’t think us Canadians have the option for subscriptions just yet, at least I don’t think? I could be wrong. I’ll definitely look into it some more!
No subscriptions in Canada.
My understanding is the old price is only honoured up till delivery. If you pay and take delivery I believe the price of adding FSD after the fact will be at the latest ridiculous price.
Like you, I can add FSD for $10,600 CAD and it is tempting given that it is now worth $20K. But the features weren't worth it to me before the price increases and you can't take FSD with you to another car so I've decided to not purchase it despite the "low" locked in price.
I'll try FSD once Canada has subscription option....I'm sure we will eventually.

Reactions: JDEWD250
But the features weren't worth it to me before the price increases and you can't take FSD with you to another car so I've decided to not purchase it despite the "low" locked in price.
I'll try FSD once Canada has subscription option....I'm sure we will eventually.
since the are removing the ultrasonic sensors not all of the functions are available.

they will fix them later with software updates but removing the sensors and using the cameras only is going to remove a couple of things temporarily