Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What order date receives 2023 version updated Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla changed the Model Y to 2023 in the middle of October 2022. Tesla typically doesn't make changes to the car associated with the change of the model year. They add and subtract features at random times throughout the year. The model year on a Tesla means very little compared to traditional dealers.
There was no update to the car at that time. More like a downgrade as they removed the USS a few weeks later (there are a couple weeks of 2023 builds with USS still).
Unless you are buying used you won't be seeing a 2022 car.

Tesla changed the Model Y to 2023 in the middle of October 2022. Tesla typically doesn't make changes to the car associated with the change of the model year. They add and subtract features at random times throughout the year. The model year on a Tesla means very little compared to traditional dealers.
There was no update to the car at that time. More like a downgrade as they removed the USS a few weeks later (there are a couple weeks of 2023 builds with USS still).
Unless you are buying used you won't be seeing a 2022 car.
So no body redesigns at all? Bummer

I was curious as well. What were the last improvements/downgrades made to the MY and when were they cut into production? I ask as my wife just ordered a base AWD variant. At least it won’t have an Atom CPU entertainment/UI functionality….

I was curious as well. What were the last improvements/downgrades made to the MY and when were they cut into production? I ask as my wife just ordered a base AWD variant. At least it won’t have an Atom CPU entertainment/UI functionality….
The new door trim became fairly standard last summer.
Rear cargo cover was standard on Austin cars almost since they started producing them there but became standard out of Fremont in November 2022.
Ryzen CPU, Li-ion 15V battery have been standard for a long while now.
Matrix headlights seem to finally be consistent out of Fremont. Austin has never had Matrix headlights so the AWD won't have them (unless things change).
Passenger side lumbar support was removed a long while ago.
USS sensors were removed in November 2022.

But really the best stuff continues to come via software updates. I've had mine for 6 months now and Tesla has added so many good software features that I had in the back of my mind as something I would do if I was in control of software. Things like auto heat setting for the wheel and 2 levels of heat. The latest 12.1 update allowing features onto the left scroll wheel and most importantly allowing wiper speed to be controlled via the left scroll wheel. Apple Music support, bringing back the cards for quick access to music, trips and tire pressures. The apply brakes when regen is limited is also a great feature making slowing down consistent regardless of SOC and battery temps.

Reactions: optab44 and EVChris