Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Date Push Out to October 2022 - January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model Y in October 2021. The original estimated delivery date was June 2022. The date moved up to Feb 2022 and then out to Apr - May 2022. When I went online this morning my estimated delivery date is now Oct 2022 - Jan 2023. Does anyone know what is causing the delay?

Reactions: FLTessie
my order date and profile completion was 12-09-2021. for the longest time the app showed may 30 - June 27. now it’s Oct 2022 - Jan 2023
“here is what the Grand Rapids SE says.
Everything looks set in your account, just waiting on Tesla to start making your Model Y! Once Tesla has made your Model Y, Tesla will send a notification to you with a VIN and that is when I can give you a realistic delivery time. When you do receive that notification let me know so we can go through your account together to get you ready for your delivery with us. Any questions about this?”

I ordered my Model Y in October 2021. The original estimated delivery date was June 2022. The date moved up to Feb 2022 and then out to Apr - May 2022. When I went online this morning my estimated delivery date is now Oct 2022 - Jan 2023. Does anyone know what is causing the delay?
Multi-month EDD ranges are generally like a placeholder as Tesla shuffles things around their system. Same thing when you get an EDD that is just the month name, like June, or TBD.

I bet it will recalculate soon. This past week, my own EDD went from a 2 week window in May to July-August then back to May 8-May 19 yesterday.

Same situation here. Ordered MYLR in early January (Metallic Gray, 19" wheels, FSD), was offered a VIN in March but had to punt 30 days, the window reset to "Apr 15 - 29", and then a couple days ago it jumped to "Oct 2022 - Jan 2023". I've heard of a few other people in this situation, and for at least some of them the window eventually reset itself to "May 1 - May 15" or similar. I'm still waiting for mine to reset, hopefully soon!

Reactions: tacosor
Same situation here. Ordered MYLR in early January (Metallic Gray, 19" wheels, FSD), was offered a VIN in March but had to punt 30 days, the window reset to "Apr 15 - 29", and then a couple days ago it jumped to "Oct 2022 - Jan 2023". I've heard of a few other people in this situation, and for at least some of them the window eventually reset itself to "May 1 - May 15" or similar. I'm still waiting for mine to reset, hopefully soon!
Good to hear it did go back for some. I’m a bit worried.

Good to hear it did go back for some. I’m a bit worried.
I finally had some luck by texting back to the phone # that send me the trade-in text. Here's what they wrote back. (Good news!) Presumably it applies to all of us!

ModelYStatus.jpg

Exact same thing happened to me on Wednesday. And then late Friday night, I found my VIN in the app and on the website and updated EDD.

I imagine current supply issues could have a big impact but, from my brief experience, once you start seeing TBDs your order probably fell off the conveyor belt and gawd only knows how it ever gets back on.