Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I HAVE A DELIVERY DATE!!!
so thank you @Geeeee for telling me to call in. Turns out that reminder enabled Thomas to redirect my car coming in from Toronto to Ottawa and not have to go through Montreal (Someone else apparently wasn't so lucky).
I'm scheduled to pick the car up in Ottawa on Friday June 26th at 11am. All my paperwork is being prepared to be emailed to me and I have my checklist printed in preparation.

I was reminded that I can't exceed 1,499km before I trade in the truck (with Covid, no problem).

This will now be the longest week ever!!
Awesome!
Great news. Bring 2 sets of eyes!

so thank you @Geeeee for telling me to call in. Turns out that reminder enabled Thomas to redirect my car coming in from Toronto to Ottawa and not have to go through Montreal (Someone else apparently wasn't so lucky).
I'm scheduled to pick the car up in Ottawa on Friday June 26th at 11am. All my paperwork is being prepared to be emailed to me and I have my checklist printed in preparation.

I was reminded that I can't exceed 1,499km before I trade in the truck (with Covid, no problem).

Exciting.... Happy to help out there. Hope mine is here soon too

Awesome!
Great news. Bring 2 sets of eyes!
Just came from Oakville Service Centre - hung out with one of the blue DMs .
Saw the met silv Performance cruise by me - it looked more muscular ( awesome ) than DM - i guess because of wide tires.
Salesman says it belongs to them - it will become demo.
Man - making me second guess myself. I chose FSD over Performance, figuring I'd get better trade in in couple years to move up to whatever.
Any thoughts?

Who did you reach out to? Yesterday Tesla California told me my car was in transit to Ottawa but do I need to contact someone else to ensure it doesn't go to Montreal?

Saw the met silv Performance cruise by me - it looked more muscular ( awesome ) than DM - i guess because of wide tires.
Man - making me second guess myself. I chose FSD over Performance, figuring I'd get better trade in in couple years to move up to whatever.
Any thoughts?
I kept to the non perf. Since I don't need that kind of acceleration and with the bigger tires didn't want to lose the range.

Ouch that sucks. Nice they're going to fix instead of it being a surprise.

yes that sucks a lot because my car is not even in Montreal apparently they stop it somewhere to inspect it and they took it out because of transportation damage (they don't know what exactly). the thing is I gave my model 3 for trade-in with 1600km and 30 days to keep the trade-in value. I also paid 100% of the difference to Tesla. So I will end up passing my 1600, waiting and they have my cash. They are suppose to get back to me what to do by tomorrow.

Any thoughts?

I think I mentioned in my post it looked meaner. Not sure it can be seen in pictures, but it looked like the macan turbo vs non turbo. Its slightly lower as well. Can’t ask for an opinion of a guy that went with the P... he is going to be bias. I skipped the FSD, I don’t trust for a car to drive me yet, and when it can, if Inwant it to I will get it at that time. If it was bmw 335 vs m4, its such a long term cost of ownership difference. With electric its no more to maintain the extra power, so a very ‘cheap’ upgrade. Look to v8 vs v12/w12. These in my view are very ‘cheap’ upgrades in performance. Also I buy the trim I like with intent of driving it into the ground, so cost over 15 years is negligable.
But I went with the P because it should not be any more to maintain over awd.

I think I mentioned in my post it looked meaner. Not sure it can be seen in pictures, but it looked like the macan turbo vs non turbo. Its slightly lower as well. Can’t ask for an opinion of a guy that went with the P... he is going to be bias. I skipped the FSD, I don’t trust for a car to drive me yet, and when it can, if Inwant it to I will get it at that time. If it was bmw 335 vs m4, its such a long term cost of ownership difference. With electric its no more to maintain the extra power, so a very ‘cheap’ upgrade. Look to v8 vs v12/w12. These in my view are very ‘cheap’ upgrades in performance. Also I buy the trim I like with intent of driving it into the ground, so cost over 15 years is negligable.
But I went with the P because it should not be any more to maintain over awd.
Thanks - you make sense - I was also worried of a bumpier drive ( low profiles ) but Dan at SC drove it and was shocked at how smooth - smoother than M3 on 19s.
If I changed order I wonder if they would honour the savings from my pricing from a year ago.

yes that sucks a lot because my car is not even in Montreal apparently they stop it somewhere to inspect it and they took it out because of transportation damage (they don't know what exactly). the thing is I gave my model 3 for trade-in with 1600km and 30 days to keep the trade-in value. I also paid 100% of the difference to Tesla. So I will end up passing my 1600, waiting and they have my cash. They are suppose to get back to me what to do by tomorrow.
I wonder if you can request a new VIN since you don't want a damaged car before you pick it up ... depending on damage of course.