Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y FSD showing two blue lines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow owners - I have a new Model Y long range with standard/basic autopilot and it was delivered a month ago! I subscribed to the monthly FSD option just to try it out and see if spending 12 grand is worthy! I also enrolled in the beta program!

Before that purchase whenever I did double tap down on the gear clicker I always used to see a single blue arrow that’s in the middle of the lane! But now (after buying the subscription and enrolling for beta), I always see two blue lines representing the driving lane edges but not the middle blue arrow anymore!

Is this normal with the beta or there’s something else I need to look at?

Solution
  • Highway driving with FSD and NAV - One solid blue line, on the center of the lane the vehicle is in
  • Highway driving with FSD and no NAV - Two solid blue lines, one on each side of the lane the vehicle is in
  • City streets/roads with FSD and NAV/no NAV - Two solid blue lines, one on each side of the lane the vehicle is in
Before getting FSD, I never got the single blue line on the center of the lane at anytime
Also since your car is relatively new, check that you have a recent firmware version. You can see version history and notes here:

New cars don’t get an update for 2-4 weeks sometimes. You might be on an old version of FSD which could explain if your visuals differ than what you see on YouTube.

Upvote 0
Hello fellow owners - I have a new Model Y long range with standard/basic autopilot and it was delivered a month ago! I subscribed to the monthly FSD option just to try it out and see if spending 12 grand is worthy! I also enrolled in the beta program!

Before that purchase whenever I did double tap down on the gear clicker I always used to see a single blue arrow that’s in the middle of the lane! But now (after buying the subscription and enrolling for beta), I always see two blue lines representing the driving lane edges but not the middle blue arrow anymore!

Is this normal with the beta or there’s something else I need to look at?
My MYLR (5/13/2022) has always shown 2 blue lines on 4 lane divided highway if there are no frontage roads. If there are, then it shows the one blue line that nervously pokes around like it was deciding where the road is going to be. Ego flips back and forth between the 2 blue lines and the single as the road changes. Has always done that through 5 updates so far.

Upvote 0
  • Highway driving with FSD and NAV - One solid blue line, on the center of the lane the vehicle is in
  • Highway driving with FSD and no NAV - Two solid blue lines, one on each side of the lane the vehicle is in
  • City streets/roads with FSD and NAV/no NAV - Two solid blue lines, one on each side of the lane the vehicle is in
Before getting FSD, I never got the single blue line on the center of the lane at anytime

Upvote 0
Solution