Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN decoder says NA395383 is now valid

1645819674406.png

Ignore, the original vin did not include the 3 check digit, it had a 0.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: voxel and KJD
VIN decoder says NA395383 is now valid
That’s a start in that it doesn’t prove the VIN is fake.
But...That’s of course not the same thing as saying it is a valid, real, Tesla-issued number. That site will decode any VIN you throw at it if you make up one that follows the Tesla convention for the order and number of letters and numbers. Which anyone can do in two minutes.

...and the VIN provided by the troll had a 0 in the check digit position, not a 3 like your screenshot shows. The VIN number is invalid, there's no further point in continuing to debate this.
awww... can’t we debate it a LITTLE more? just while we wait on more drone footage of catch-basins, solar panels on the roof and concrete being poured? Pretty please?

Alright guys, I have an update. I sent it to Sawyer Merritt for double checking and his inside source at Tesla says it's legit. Was asking him about the check digit but I guess Tesla source confirmed? View attachment 773740
this needs more clarity. did his source just look at the number and say yeah, that looks like a legit VIN? Or did he say yeah, we have assigned VINs for Austin vehicles and deliveries are about to start?
And then... did you send him the OP’s first vin or the Vin with the “3” substituted in later that actually went through the decoder?

That color of vehicle and the P trim, hasn’t been seen among the more than 140 cars that have been built and seen. So... its gonna take proving.

Reactions: goin2drt