Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wait if it comes from him then it is FACT. He hasn't been wrong :rolleyes:yet and everybody thinks he is Mr. Tesla. Again I will wait and believe the first Austin car when I see it being delivered.
Hey, chill out nobody's saying you're wrong or you're right. I'm giving impartial info for everyone to digest and base their own opinions. No need to take such an adversarial stance. Nobody said it was fact. You can believe what you want nobody here is telling you to believe one way or another.

this needs more clarity. did his source just look at the number and say yeah, that looks like a legit VIN? Or did he say yeah, we have assigned VINs for Austin vehicles and deliveries are about to start?
And then... did you send him the OP’s first vin or the Vin with the “3” substituted in later that actually went through the decoder?

That color of vehicle and the P trim, hasn’t been seen among the more than 140 cars that have been built and seen. So... its gonna take proving.
I sent him the OP's post, didn't send him any pics of mine. The twitter post he has is all the info I have.

Reactions: advocate8
this needs more clarity. did his source just look at the number and say yeah, that looks like a legit VIN? Or did he say yeah, we have assigned VINs for Austin vehicles and deliveries are about to start?
And then... did you send him the OP’s first vin or the Vin with the “3” substituted in later that actually went through the decoder?

That color of vehicle and the P trim, hasn’t been seen among the more than 140 cars that have been built and seen. So... its gonna take proving.
Well, it depends on whether you consider that truck spotted with MYPs to be Austin vehicles, or just Fremont vehicles making a stop in Austin. I wouldn't say there's been no evidence of MYPs, but it was just that one time that we know of (well, that and the TMC poster with the inside source who claimed MYLR only, in blue/black - and who seems to be right so far, so 🤷‍♂️ )

All colors for MYP have been seen on the Transport truck.. In the end No Austin Vin has been assigned. Until it actually shows up in the App ( not hidden in any source code) it does not exist.

Well, it depends on whether you consider that truck spotted with MYPs to be Austin vehicles, or just Fremont vehicles making a stop in Austin.
That is legit question. My take is there was every color under the sun AND P’s. When everything else, 144 cars, has been black or blue as they get the basics squared away on the paint line. And Gemini wheels. I can guess at a couple or three reasons a rainbow load of Fremont cars would be there.
Or they may have been made there. But on balance I’d bet Fremont. Just too may outlying characteristics: color range, P’s, not groups with the others, seen on a truck no others KNOWN to be Austin have been seen on, and frankly who knows where the shot was taken, though the drone guy is reliable.

There was a truck of MYPs leaving Austin including MSM color last week as per Jeff Roberts on Twitter..maybe this is one of them

All colors for MYP have been seen on the Transport truck.. In the end No Austin Vin has been assigned. Until it actually shows up in the App ( not hidden in any source code) it does not exist.
the transport truck photo came from a legitimate source, but an outside one who had no idea what the story was behind that load. it is just too big an outlier to accept on its face as them being built there.