Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Hankook tyres - how many miles would you expect from them?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking in KwitFit and I believe this is for Model Y LR R19?
And it is more expensive than a Michelin??
Vote with your feet then! Same exact tyre (I've not checked if that's the correct size: I just plugged that into BlackCircles) is £230.03 fitted at my location. Still a lot of money but £80 a corner is a big saving.

Vote with your feet then! Same exact tyre (I've not checked if that's the correct size: I just plugged that into BlackCircles) is £230.03 fitted at my location. Still a lot of money but £80 a corner is a big saving.
I had a puncture and needed one in a hurry so skipped blackcircles for a local independence garage who could do next day. That was £250 in January. QuickFit are a rip-off

You should be able to manage 20 to 25K out of a set of tyres - unless you’re ragging it everywhere.

Admittedly I prefer to run either Mich and Pirelli rubber on cars. P’s are somewhat softer compound wise so wear a bit faster.

You should be able to manage 20 to 25K out of a set of tyres - unless you’re ragging it everywhere.

Admittedly I prefer to run either Mich and Pirelli rubber on cars. P’s are somewhat softer compound wise so wear a bit faster.
Mich Pilot sport 4 lasted 13K on the rear of my M3 LR. I was not thrashing it but I was doing a lot of highspeed ( as in 60mph) A road driving. Fronts lasted to about 22K

I'm at 18,000 miles in my SR+ and fronts are at ~5mm, so they could last till 50K miles and rear are at ~3mm, so they could last till 24K miles. I will replace them with PS4 when required as they seem to perform well. I've never rotated tyres in the past and probably won't do in the future...

Reactions: M3noob
I'm at 18,000 miles in my SR+ and fronts are at ~5mm, so they could last till 50K miles and rear are at ~3mm, so they could last till 24K miles. I will replace them with PS4 when required as they seem to perform well. I've never rotated tyres in the past and probably won't do in the future...
Do bear in mind that the legal minimum isn’t really the target if you are interested in stopping during wet weather! Once you go to 3mm you’re on borrowed time …

Reactions: M3noob
Do bear in mind that the legal minimum isn’t really the target if you are interested in stopping during wet weather! Once you go to 3mm you’re on borrowed time …
Not according to Michelin, and their tyres:

Good luck with that...lol :D

I have never once experienced anyone got close to 25k miles even with rotation.

Cars that I've seen without aggressive driving cannot get to 25k miles on any tires.

Cars I owned:
Tesla Model S
Tesla Model X
Chevy Volt Gen 1 (note: slower acceleration)
Chevy Volt Gen 2 (note: slower acceleration)

Even near that 25k miles, the corner of the tires is so worn down that you'll start seeing the inner tire wall near the edges. It's so bad.

Good luck with that...lol :D

I have never once experienced anyone got close to 25k miles even with rotation.

Cars that I've seen without aggressive driving cannot get to 25k miles on any tires.

Cars I owned:
Tesla Model S
Tesla Model X
Chevy Volt Gen 1 (note: slower acceleration)
Chevy Volt Gen 2 (note: slower acceleration)

Even near that 25k miles, the corner of the tires is so worn down that you'll start seeing the inner tire wall near the edges. It's so bad.
I've got a 2020 M3 Long Range... 30K miles currently, lots of those miles on motorways at sane speeds. Wife insists on Chill Mode around town ;-)

I switch to winters as required but relatively few miles done during cold weather. Never rotated.

I've replaced two tyres - due to bad bad bad front alignment after MPP lift kit fitted - clearly not the car's fault.

Still enough wear left on all corners for this summer's migration to Spain and back .

PS My Honda S2000 could almost get 8000 miles on a set... loved that car

Reactions: cmaster
Not according to Michelin, and their tyres:

Useful info. Though I don't jump to change tyres immediately on reaching 3mm I certainly pay more attention to wet handling and braking after that point. If I feel there's a loss of grip I'm ready to make the change early and certainly don't necessarily expect to go all the way to the legal limit. Here's a 1.6mm Vs 3mm wet braking test. If you've ever had an aquaplaning incident on a motorway it certainly focusses the attention on tread depth! (Dry braking isn't an issue down to the legal limit on most tyres.)

Reactions: MrT3
2019 x 20" wheels, I got 32,000 miles on my first set of OEM continentals, I'm at 23,000 on my second set of Continentals, I have RL 6mm, RR 5mm, FL 4mm, FR 3mm. No rotation. I'll buy Michelin Cross Climate2 in late September.