Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Hansshow V5 Frunk opener help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need some help with this Hansshow V5 kit and Im hoping some experienced users might know whats going on.

I have the whole kit installed and the hood latches, but it pops back up slightly and the car isnt recognizing it as closed. Its a sizable gap and no matter how many times i move the lock mechanism, its either the same result or it doesnt latch at all.

Any idea at all whats going on?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 497
I need some help with this Hansshow V5 kit and Im hoping some experienced users might know whats going on.

I have the whole kit installed and the hood latches, but it pops back up slightly and the car isnt recognizing it as closed. Its a sizable gap and no matter how many times i move the lock mechanism, its either the same result or it doesnt latch at all.

Any idea at all whats going on?
Is the latch catching and are you able to hear the motor pulling it down?

Same problem.
The latch pulls down the frunk but does not latch down, It pops up slightly with the safety catch holding the frunk.
It appears that the vacuum closer does not lock in the closed position.

Any suggestions?
Could you take a picture of the latch? It would be so much easier to see what's going on. If you don't hear the motor pulling the cable, it may not be connected properly.

Can you manually close the frunk? I have the Tesla Offer version, I assume mechanically, they work similarly. Initially, it would not close on it's own but I could close manually. I had to move the latch to one side more, I don't remember if it was left or right, but you can try move one side first.

I just tried to install my v5 kit, and had the EXACT same problem. racked my head trying to figure out what I did wrong, but turns out its a flaw in the design.. The redesigned bracket they supplied with the v5 kit has a close indicator switch with a lever. They supplied two thick plastic spacers to push the entire assembly out so the new bracket clears the front cross members.. BUT this also pushes the close switch lever so far back the hood latch misses it on the way down. Now the system does not know the hood is in the closed position, so it does not pull all the way down. (See the black lever behind the hood latch below.. it should be underneath it..)

Solution: Don't use the two black spacers to pull the black lever back under the hood latch. The supplied bracket *will* hit the front cross member and bend a little, but at least it engages the switch now and fully closes.

New Problem for me: While mucking around with this, the system will close, but does not have enough force to open anymore.. it tries, but I have to manually help it.. Does anyone know how to program / increase open for with version 5??

20211119_112552.jpg

Just received a PM inquiring about this thread. We've installed a few Frunk kits (v4.4) in Model Ys with no issues reported to date - the units have been relatively problem free. We haven't sold any units to forums users yet, but would be happy to take a look to see where the problem is - just send me a PM directly.

I am having the same issue with the Hansshow power frunk v5, it does not latch into the locking mechanism, seems like it does not have enough power bring the frunk down. I tried with spacers and without, I have also adjusted the latch mechanism in at least 20 different ways and it still does not work. I have to manually assist the power frunk to close in order for it to latch correctly. For me, it does open correctly, my only problem is the latching of the lock mechanism. I am in the process of contacting Hansshow to see if there’s a fix to the problem.

Reactions: Mike 53072
I am having the same issue with the Hansshow power frunk v5, it does not latch into the locking mechanism, seems like it does not have enough power bring the frunk down. I tried with spacers and without, I have also adjusted the latch mechanism in at least 20 different ways and it still does not work. I have to manually assist the power frunk to close in order for it to latch correctly. For me, it does open correctly, my only problem is the latching of the lock mechanism. I am in the process of contacting Hansshow to see if there’s a fix to the problem.
Make sure the cable of the motor that pulls the latch down is not in a tight loop. I think most will try to put the motor by the driver side headlight and it doesn't work. Have the cable sweep gently and stick the motor along the large aluminum bar thats under the front bumper. I had the same issue and took about 2 hours to figure that out.

did they suggest adjusting this part yet?

View attachment 727782
My cable is to tight and seems to be full retracted. I had to remove the wire from the pulley to attach the end to the latch. However now there isn't enough slack to put back onto the pulley. Does anyone know how I can get around this issue. I also had a broken strut retainer clip on the drivers side power strut on the top. Any ideas on a replacement?

Attachments

• IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 264
My cable is to tight and seems to be full retracted. I had to remove the wire from the pulley to attach the end to the latch. However now there isn't enough slack to put back onto the pulley. Does anyone know how I can get around this issue. I also had a broken strut retainer clip on the drivers side power strut on the top. Any ideas on a replacement?
Forgot to mention it is a Hansshow Modely Y Power frunk v5 too.

I did have Hansshow Power Frunk v5 and I have spent 2-3 hours to move around the lock (and moving the one side a little higher than the other side) in order to get a working and perfect position to latch the cover in a perfect position. My experience is with little bit adjustment can yield a big different and you just have to be patient enough to do that!