Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR delivery started? 77kWh or 82kWh battery? MTY07?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello from Norway!

Deliveries of the MIC Model Y are starting on Tuesday here in Norway, and on our local forums there has been a lot of discussion about the battery size in the new Model Ys - will anyone get the new battery with a 82kWh capacity? It seems that most people getting delivery next week have MTY03 in their options...

As there are no indications found in the VIN, we have started digging in the source code on our order-page (Tesla SSO - Sign In), and some has found that they have a new and unknown model option, MTY07:

options=APBS,DV4W,INPW0,PPSW,PRMY1,SC04,MDLY,WY19B,MTY07,STY5S,CPF0,TW01,WWY01

Previous known option codes show us these:
MTY01 Standard Range Rear-Wheel Drive Model Y
MTY02 Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive Model Y
MTY03 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Model Y
MTY04 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance Model Y
MTY05 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance Model Y

Could MTY07 mean Long Range All-Wheel Driver Model Y (82kWh)?

Would be helpful if anyone with the LG battery (82kWh) could check their option codes :)

S.

Hi from Netherlands,

I was pick up my Model Y on 26 august. I have to MTY07. But I don't know info capacity battery :(
If you know how to check this, tell me.

$APBS,$DV4W,$INPB0,$PPSW,$PRMY1,$SC04,$MDLY,$WY19B,$MTY07,$STY5S,$CPF1

Have you tried to charge to 100%? What range do you get?

I think the best theory I've heard so far about MTY03 and MTY07, is that European orders done before June 30th 2021 was supposed to be standard LR AWD (as those built in the US). When it was decided that Europe should get Y's built in China, they got designated model code MTY07.

Hello from Norway!

Deliveries of the MIC Model Y are starting on Tuesday here in Norway, and on our local forums there has been a lot of discussion about the battery size in the new Model Ys - will anyone get the new battery with a 82kWh capacity? It seems that most people getting delivery next week have MTY03 in their options...

As there are no indications found in the VIN, we have started digging in the source code on our order-page (Tesla SSO - Sign In), and some has found that they have a new and unknown model option, MTY07:

Would be helpful if anyone with the LG battery (82kWh) could check their option codes :)

S.
If it helps I'll tell you that it doesn't mean what you think it does. My MY is showing MTY03. It's a recent build in the last month. AWD LR w/ 82kWh battery.

MTY07 in my account Source Code.
Description: "Long Range a trazione integrale", that is: "Long Range AWD".

I reserved my MY AWD Long Ragne in 2019 on the very day of the unveil. Official delivery day is Sep 24th (could be sooner than that).
Not sure when exactly it was manufactured. And, not sure how to find out if my battery is 82kWh.

$APBS, $DV4W, $INPW0, $PPSB, $PRMY1, $SC04, $MDLY, $WY19B, $MTY07, $STY5S .

1630893981720.png

Not sure how relevant this actually is, but range has very recently increased from 505km (august) to 507km (just checked). Increase is very small, but it shows that some re-evaluation of range has been made very recently.

Hello from Norway!

S.
I believe MTY06 is the BT42 / 82kwh battery and made in Fremont, MTY07 are BT38 (as previous post) and made in China. It seems all the LR cars (both M3 and MY) coming from China have the smaller LG battery pack.