Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR RWD is dead, configuration update required by 12/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m wondering the same.

I ordered a Model Y on 9/17/19.

$47,000 - Model Y LR RWD
$7,000 - FSD
$3,000 - 3rd Row

$57,000 - Total reservation price

I finally got my refund. Very poor customer service. No apologies for multiple errors on tesla’s part.

Anyone had better luck negotiating a deal with Tesla? Is it worth pursuing?
It looks like I was the only lucky guy to have gotten the 03/2019 pricing for an AWD. DM me and I will send you the reservation details. My suggestion is to file a complaint with the arbitrator and provide the evidence that someone (me) got the deal from 2019. I am no special compared to any others so if they did it for me, they can do it for you too. In fact, dropping RWD is Tesla's choice so ideally they should be upgrading everyone to AWD for free at 2019 prices. So I suggest you file a complaint with the arbitrator demanding AWD at 2019 RWD prices that you booked and settle for today's prices. That is still a saving of 13,000$ before taxes compared to current prices.

It looks like I was the only lucky guy to have gotten the 03/2019 pricing for an AWD. DM me and I will send you the reservation details. My suggestion is to file a complaint with the arbitrator and provide the evidence that someone (me) got the deal from 2019. I am no special compared to any others so if they did it for me, they can do it for you too. In fact, dropping RWD is Tesla's choice so ideally they should be upgrading everyone to AWD for free at 2019 prices. So I suggest you file a complaint with the arbitrator demanding AWD at 2019 RWD prices that you booked and settle for today's prices. That is still a saving of 13,000$ before taxes compared to current prices.
I would like to have your reservation details. I can't DM you, probably restrictions on my ability to send private messages based on the no of posts

I would like to have your reservation details. I can't DM you, probably restrictions on my ability to send private messages based on the no of posts
I am in the same situation, would you mind sending me your reservation details as well? I talked to three different advisors and they wouldn't budge, not even to keep my FSD price I locked in at $6K. I upgraded to the dual motor reluctantly which reverted to current price.

DPV- Could I trouble you to DM me with your details (I'm not able to DM yet). I ordered 3/15/19: $47k + 6k FSD + White Interior + White exterior + Wheel upgrade (can't remember exact pricing for color, interior & wheels). I'd like to push them get give me your deal. Thanks a bunch!
Will do. But send an email to [email protected] that you would like to raise a dispute and want the arbitrator assigned. You want to get this process started no matter what since I have not seen a single individual getting my deal even though I shared all the details with over a dozen folks.

Tesla has to pay the arbitrator so why let them off the hook easily? File a complaint and make them bleed. Bastards had a 2,500 interest free deposit when they needed the money most and don’t want to honor the commitment to paying customers. **** them.

Reactions: bro1999 and Mateo83
Read my response to the previous post. Applies to you too

Same boat as others, ordered back in Sept 2019, RWD base price was $47,000 plus $7,000 for FSD, for a total of $54,000. Have sent multiple emails to both [email protected] and [email protected] and haven't gotten any replies, anyone else see this. Next step is arbitration.
Since don't seem to be able to DM yet, could you please send me the info as well.
Thanks!

Same boat as others, ordered back in Sept 2019, RWD base price was $47,000 plus $7,000 for FSD, for a total of $54,000. Have sent multiple emails to both [email protected] and [email protected] and haven't gotten any replies, anyone else see this. Next step is arbitration.
Since don't seem to be able to DM yet, could you please send me the info as well.
Thanks!
I would advise filing a case for arbitration. It takes 4 to 6 weeks to get a manager assigned to your case. And then probably another couple of months before they schedule the hearing.

For filing case, you just need basic details like who is the other party, and brief description of your case.

Hi deadpoolvan, thanks for the guidance and offer! Could you please email me your reservation details at mahajan dot prince at gmail dot com?

I had a $2500 preorder for the Model Y LR RWD since 2019 (refunded JAN 2022).
I just stumbled upon and just bought a Hyundai Ionic 5 instead (for a family member). It's no Tesla, but so far seems like a decent automobile. Yeah, I could have switched to the AWD Model Y early on, but Tesla led me to believe the LR RWD would eventually be produced, and by the time they cancelled it, the price had risen too much for my situation. I'm still a Tesla fan, but IMHO, Tesla needs to do better communicating with customers.

Did anyone get lucky other than deadpoolvan? I escalated via my store manager and my case was apparently evaluated by someone higher up the "central order support team". The response was that they would have probably honored if I had taken some action.. which is absolute B.S. because - 1)If I changed my order, they would have no incentive to match my original pricing as I already agreed to new pricing and changed 2) I did send an email before their deadline saying "I intend to purchase if they matched the old price book" their reply was no - so I obviously did not take an action

This is just horrible customer service. I got the response via my store manager and there was no way for me apparently to talk to the central support team. It is just one-way communication. And i was told, my case is now closed.

For people searching for another example of a customer getting Tesla to honor the LRRWD options pricing, Teslarati published an article about one:
Big ups to deadpoolvan for sharing his info with the community. If anyone else has info about a customer being afforded the same privileges as these two, please share on this thread.

I filed for arbitration last week, 60 days after writing to [email protected] as required by the order agreement.

DPV- Could I trouble you to DM me with your details (I'm not able to DM yet). I ordered 3/15/19: $47k + 6k FSD + White Interior + White exterior + Wheel upgrade (can't remember exact pricing for color, interior & wheels). I'd like to push them get give me your deal. Thanks a bunch!
Will do. But send an email to [email protected] that you would like to raise a dispute and want the arbitrator assigned. You want to get this process started no matter what since I have not seen a single individual getting my deal even though I shared all the details with over a dozen folks.

Tesla has to pay the arbitrator so why let them off the hook easily? File a complaint and make them bleed. Bastards had a 2,500 interest free deposit when they needed the money most and don’t want to honor the commitment to paying customers. **** them.
DPV- Could you please DM me with order details as well (not able to DM yet form my end) or email me at edwardleed52 gmail dot com? Also would like to push for a deal. Thx a lot.

It looks to me like they decided to discontinue the RWD Model Y, and they are planning to introduce a standard range AWD Model Y in its place:

1647128567271.png

It has ~15% less range. The thoughts I've seen are that this new variant will be built in GigaTexas using the limited 4680 cell supply they have. (They can make ~15% more of these lower range vehicles than they could the long range version until the 4680 battery supply gets fully ramped.)

It, also, avoid people wanting to delay their existing LR Model Y order to try to get a GigaTexas built one.

• Informative
Reactions: ucmndd