Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR RWD is dead, configuration update required by 12/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My high level argument is basically the same as what has been discussed throughout this thread. There is evidence of multiple LRRWD reservation holders requesting to change their trim level and keep their preorder options pricing, and being allowed to do so. Myself and others made this same request and were refused, and our orders were later canceled by Tesla. If I were you I would also highlight that Tesla has now changed their policy to explicitly permit order modifications of this type.

Reactions: tranquilizer
My high level argument is basically the same as what has been discussed throughout this thread. There is evidence of multiple LRRWD reservation holders requesting to change their trim level and keep their preorder options pricing, and being allowed to do so. Myself and others made this same request and were refused, and our orders were later canceled by Tesla. If I were you I would also highlight that Tesla has now changed their policy to explicitly permit order modifications of this type.
I think I read only orders placed after august 1st are eligible for modifications without price update

It's been almost 3 months, and I have not yet received my refund from Tesla.
Will they mail a check? OR will they post a credit on the credit-card that was used originally?
In my case they refunded VISA card which was expired in 2019. Also bank account (VISA card issuer) was also closed in 2019 so I specifically warned Tesla to use different bank account for the refund (and it was confirmed by the support), but they did send refund on wrong (closed) account
Bank never received any money from Tesla and I have official statement, but as soon as I sent it to Tesla all communication stopped
Looks like they do not want to fix error the made and I have run out of options to get my money back
So frustrating to give $2500 to the Tesla for 3 years and eventually lost it

Will do. But send an email to [email protected] that you would like to raise a dispute and want the arbitrator assigned. You want to get this process started no matter what since I have not seen a single individual getting my deal even though I shared all the details with over a dozen folks.

Tesla has to pay the arbitrator so why let them off the hook easily? File a complaint and make them bleed. Bastards had a 2,500 interest free deposit when they needed the money most and don’t want to honor the commitment to paying customers. **** them.
@deadpoolvan Could you please send me the reservation number to [email protected]. I am working with Tesla to build a case for sales. This is part of the pre arbitration, where they try to have you come to an agreement before assigning a mediator. They stated it would help the case. It doesnt appear I have a DM option for you in this blog.

In my case they refunded VISA card which was expired in 2019. Also bank account (VISA card issuer) was also closed in 2019 so I specifically warned Tesla to use different bank account for the refund (and it was confirmed by the support), but they did send refund on wrong (closed) account
Bank never received any money from Tesla and I have official statement, but as soon as I sent it to Tesla all communication stopped
Looks like they do not want to fix error the made and I have run out of options to get my money back
So frustrating to give $2500 to the Tesla for 3 years and eventually lost it

I do not even know what is happening in my case. I have not received the refund and no one from Tesla is responding to emails for resolutions or arbitrations. Yes, excruciatingly painful to give them $2500 3 years back being early ardent supporters and receiving worse than TSLAQ support.

I have a day 1 reservation for long range rwd, and Tesla just emailed me with this:
We’re contacting you regarding the Model Y you ordered on March 14, 2019 to offer any assistance in bringing your car home. We’re excited to deliver your Model Y at your earliest convenience and welcome you to the Tesla family.​
Your order is set to cancel soon, but if you still intend to take delivery, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” by May 19, 2022.​
If your order remains on hold on May 19, 2022, or is placed on hold again, we will assume that you no longer wish to purchase a vehicle. Your order will automatically be canceled and your order deposit fully refunded.​
Thank you for supporting the world’s transition to sustainable energy.​
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team​

looks like there may still be a chance it will be made.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
Do you have any evidence that holders be able to change their reservations. I have my initial call with arbitration this month and would like to have that supporting material. Right now all I have is anecdotal accounts with being able to change the reservation.

@dmsdms2000 - I am not getting a response from [email protected]. Someone else contacted me and said Tesla has deposited the $2500 back on January. I have confirmed I have not received the refund after checking my accounts. I have not received a response from them yet. I again insisted I was forced to cancel my order and that I am still interested in ordering a new configuration with the prices as of October 2019.

@Hot$law - please share how your discussions with arbitration go. This would be a great help and will organize more of us together. Thanks!

This is the response I keep getting.
Thank you for contacting Tesla. If your concern is related to a legal matter, we will get in touch with you. For all other matters, please Contact Us here.

Unless the demand slow down or the stock crashes, I do not think they would respond to me or anyone else in this forum. Another option is to group the people affected and make the voice heard via a web-site/ article/ otherwise. If there is anyone to offer us legal advise, it would be great.