Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y oddly specific question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Due to take delivery of my RWD MY this Friday and I'm looking for some information. I travel across the UK to wind farm construction sites and require an amber flashing roof beacon.

I have several of these, however they're all magnetic mounts. Has anyone ever seen a mini lightbar with a suction mount for the glass roof? I've googled for hours and anything I do find is ridiculously expensive.

I suppose another question is, if i found one, what's the likelihood of damaging the windows with the power cable?

Cheers

I can't say I would be comfortable trapping a cable in the door windows. A better option may be to go through the boot hatch. There is a 12v socket in there which could be used if applicable
My thoughts too, still concerned with the boot glass as well however. Got a battery version here, just need to find a way to mount the thing

Tesla have demo 3 and Y police cars, they were both at the Trafford Centre collection point a while ago, at least one moved to the new service centre in Manchester. They have a roof bar which clamps to the top of the B pillars, so as not to interfere with the door glass. I didn't see how they'd routed the cable inside.

Attachments

• PXL_20240106_131148285 Copy.jpeg
    PXL_20240106_131148285 Copy.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20240106_131155606 Copy.jpeg
    PXL_20240106_131155606 Copy.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 8

Suction cups and magnets. Maybe add a metal plate (wrapped in cloth) on the inside of the glass roof for good measure? Or a couple of small strong magnets for extra strength?