Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Order page changed today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else notice the same? It started asking for Delivery Location / Registration / Trade-In / Payment Method.

White / AWD / 19" Wheels / FSD / CA Delivery

Wonder if there will be an EOQ push since I've gotten no communication thus far.

Destination Fee $1,125.00
Documentation Fee $75.00

Just noticed - the way this is displayed is a bit misleading. These $1200 fees are added up the vehicle price, and then there is a 'fees and taxes' section that includes all fees except these.

Last edited:
When my account gave me the option to enter information, the next day I got a call that my Model Y is ready for delivery, so not sure if that was a coincidence but maybe it speeds up the process. Also, COVID has definetly made plenty buyers cancel or postpone so that probably did not help. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and my delivery date is 3/28 (supposedly) but CA is doing home deliveries so that might change. They postponed my original date due to inspection but may people are saying its likely a problem with the car

thanks gents!

ok one more question....

other than spending 100 dollars on placing an order for a Y, there is no harm in having two reservations (one already with the model 3 and one with a Y) is there? I mean that's not frowned upon by tesla is it?

so if one of the cars were to show up first, I can go on the manage page and cancel the other without any penalty or harm right? would tesla HQ care? I mean i'm just out the 100 dollars, but that's not an issue.

maybe silly questions but appreciate the hand holding and help here.

thanks gents!

ok one more question....

other than spending 100 dollars on placing an order for a Y, there is no harm in having two reservations (one already with the model 3 and one with a Y) is there? I mean that's not frowned upon by tesla is it?

so if one of the cars were to show up first, I can go on the manage page and cancel the other without any penalty or harm right? would tesla HQ care? I mean i'm just out the 100 dollars, but that's not an issue.

maybe silly questions but appreciate the hand holding and help here.

I did the same thing, it was actually suggested by the Tesla sales rep. I was waiting on my model 3 and notice Y deliveries moved up so I changed my mind to Y. He told me to keep the 3 open as well in case I get it first or change my mind. So short answer, it’s not an issue.

Was it your sales tax being added? Mine has not changed other than once I added my address it then calculated my sales tax.
The $1200 increase reason is unknown. Listed separately was sales tax destination fee documentation fee and all the other fees. I’m at a loss as to why the price increased from when I first did the pre-order. I did not change the configuration.