Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Order Page Now : Estimated Delivery: 3-7 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you receive a text or call about your delivery date? Did you get a vin first? I’m trying to better understand their process.

I ordered 8/6 and received the text that we’re 3-6 weeks out a couple days ago.
I also got the 8/6 text...anybody have any movement or new texts this week?

Finally gave up tonight and did hopefully my last oil change on my 2012 Tacoma, now at 226,000 miles...so ready for a new ride and not having to do oil changes every 3 months!

Very Excited to receive my Model Y LR AWD White on White with 20’s. Autopilot with no FSD.

-Ordered on 7/13
-Received Text on 8/6 to Complete Profile w/Estimated DD of Arrival 5-8 Weeks from 8/6
-Received a Text 8/11 Stating Delivery Moved Up to 3-6 Weeks.
-No Vin or Draft Contract Yet.

Figured a little delay due to Being on the East Coast but I’m getting anxious :).

Anybody on East Coast ordered their MY around that time? Have received any updates from a live person?

Just about 9 weeks. Shouldn't be that long when you're so relatively close to factory
Tesla has in the past played some games with people who live close, though. Often west coast folks get cars built at the end of the quarter because they can deliver them quickly. Production at the beginning of a quarter is mostly overseas, then mostly east coast cars because they ship by truck, then west coast last. Many, many exceptions, obviously, but even though I was scheduled to take delivery in August it was suggested by them it's unlikely I'll get a car allocated until the end of September because we've a few miles from the factory. Since I don't want a rushed EOQ car, that makes things tricky.

My delivery advisor is working on it, though. Hopefully he can make something happen.

Love the dependable quality! This makes me nervous to get a Tesla with all the issues I read about. Hope to be as fortunate to have a trouble free vehicle as I have had with my past three Toyota’s (2001 Corolla S, 2007 FJ Cruiser, 2012 Tacoma TX Pro

2010 Sienna XLE (Company Car)
2014 Sienna XLE (Company Car)
2019 Camry XLE Hybrid (Current Company Car)

Had a Subaru Outback before the Camry and it was not bad. As far as Tesla's I had no mechanical issues with my Model X for five years. I just recently had a fuse replaced for the a/c and a windshield replaced but the brakes were never touched because we don't use them (maxed out regen for golf cart driving with one foot). Just a couple sets of tires that's it. No real running cost, that is what makes us special. Just drive and charge. You will save money on insurance and your tag which will help along with NOT PAYING FOR GAS!!!! Woo-hooo! You will love it trust me.

Reactions: Blue_Skies
Did you receive a text or call about your delivery date? Did you get a vin first? I’m trying to better understand their process.

I ordered 8/6 and received the text that we’re 3-6 weeks out a couple days ago.

Got a text about delivery date on 14 Aug 20. Received VIN after I called them today about a change in financing and also mentioned I want my VIN if they have it. They were like "oh, yeah, no problem" and emailed the VIN to me right away.

Well Amazon just pulled a Tesla move on me. I ordered a new Hitch Mount 2 Bike Carrier about a week after I ordered my Model Y. Amazon estimated it would ship by today. Well today nothing happened with my Amazon order and now it shows "Order received We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date."

Hopefully the two orders both Amazon and Tesla with sync up in the end

Last edited:
FYI Update: I ordered my MY Perf on August 7th. It was built on August 13th. The car was delivered to AZ on August 17th. I did my delivery on August 19th. A very small paint chip up on the corner of the hood, one door needs alignment, and a very small smudge on the outside of the door back passenger door. Car is being tinted today, pick-up at 3. Can't wait!

FYI Update: I ordered my MY Perf on August 7th. It was built on August 13th. The car was delivered to AZ on August 17th. I did my delivery on August 19th. A very small paint chip up on the corner of the hood, one door needs alignment, and a very small smudge on the outside of the door back passenger door. Car is being tinted today, pick-up at 3. Can't wait!
Wow—super quick turnaround!! Congrats!!

Ordered MY from Seattle 8/6
•4-8 week build time estimate
•LR
•white/white
•induction wheels
•FSD

8/11 received text 3-6 weeks until delivery

8/15 talked to SA and our soft delivery 8/26-8/30

8/20 talked to SA and our soft delivery is now 9/2-9/6