Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Delivery ETA Pulled for New Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told two weeks ago by my SA, that MYP will be built by 10/28. I still don’t even have a VIN, so called him again today and now he says the expected date it leaves the factory is 11/13. Not sure if it’s true or he just increases the timeline by two weeks every time I talk to him

• Funny
Reactions: alloverx
I was told two weeks ago by my SA, that MYP will be built by 10/28. I still don’t even have a VIN, so called him again today and now he says the expected date it leaves the factory is 11/13. Not sure if it’s true or he just increases the timeline by two weeks every time I talk to him

How can they even determine an expected departure day if they don’t even have a VIN to “follow?”

I don't like the idea of spreading rumors but what if they were putting the new battery cells in MYPs?

During yesterday's Tesla Daily (
) at around 2 minutes in, it is mentioned that at least 1 line for Berlin Model Y's may be ready Q1 or Q2 2021. IIRC these models will be unique to Europe and have the new cells.

When asked about the new cells in (I think?) the last Q3 report, Elon kind of deflected the question to one of his peers who kind of deflected further and said that the Fremont factory would be able to support Berlin with battery production, and that was it.

Also, at battery day they had mentioned that they had been making the new cells for awhile, they were just perfecting the process at their Fremont battery factory.

What else have they been putting these cells in? AFAIK, nothing. So would they horde the new cells for Berlin production? Or possibly put some in the much less ordered MYP? Also, since the Berlin model Y will be a different body style than American MY will they not bother trying to fit them into an American MY frame, or perhaps test the frame state side first?

Sorry for all of the conjecture, my mind tends to get away from me when I am thinking about Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: LionelHutz
Good news is that MYPs have an estimated delivery date again of 5-9 weeks as of 3 minutes ago.

Hopefully VINs will start flying now.
6-9 NOW!
upload_2020-10-29_17-4-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-29_17-3-58.png
    upload_2020-10-29_17-3-58.png
    491.7 KB · Views: 46
if they were using the new batteries, they would have updated the range, wouldnt they? unless you are speculating that they are using the new batteries but less of them.
Yup, New batteries but they're not saying so they don't cannibalize their sales now, then in 3 months BAM "we're using new batteries and everyone made since Nov. has it too" and all the people who got cars in Oct. are like "awww how come....Tesla should give me...."

Reactions: Quorky
I don't like the idea of spreading rumors but what if they were putting the new battery cells in MYPs?

During yesterday's Tesla Daily (
) at around 2 minutes in, it is mentioned that at least 1 line for Berlin Model Y's may be ready Q1 or Q2 2021. IIRC these models will be unique to Europe and have the new cells.

When asked about the new cells in (I think?) the last Q3 report, Elon kind of deflected the question to one of his peers who kind of deflected further and said that the Fremont factory would be able to support Berlin with battery production, and that was it.

Also, at battery day they had mentioned that they had been making the new cells for awhile, they were just perfecting the process at their Fremont battery factory.

What else have they been putting these cells in? AFAIK, nothing. So would they horde the new cells for Berlin production? Or possibly put some in the much less ordered MYP? Also, since the Berlin model Y will be a different body style than American MY will they not bother trying to fit them into an American MY frame, or perhaps test the frame state side first?

Sorry for all of the conjecture, my mind tends to get away from me when I am thinking about Tesla.

Didn’t Tesla say that it would be years before Fremont started using the Berlin construction techniques and battery?

Reactions: NASASpaceXlove
How long before we start seeing posts that say; “Is it possible to get the new batteries retrofit in our older Model Y?”

It seems everyone thinks that EVERY new refresh belongs in their Model Y, no matter the cost OR the willingness to refuse delivery (and start the waiting process all over again) because they didn’t get it!

Reactions: Clark_Kent
How long before we start seeing posts that say; “Is it possible to get the new batteries retrofit in our older Model Y?”

It seems everyone thinks that EVERY new refresh belongs in their Model Y, no matter the cost OR the willingness to refuse delivery (and start the waiting process all over again) because they didn’t get it!
I really don’t think we will see the new battery’s. Maybe the upgraded density battery’s of the current size. I’m kinda hoping the air suspension shows up tho.

Reactions: Carlvs