Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance too low?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery on a 2022 Model Y Performance. I drove at less than 5 mph over 2 what I consider standard size speed bumps and the bottom of the car scraped the speed bumps. Has anyone else experienced this? My brother has a Model Y Long Range and has never experienced this.

I just took delivery on a 2022 Model Y Performance. I drove at less than 5 mph over 2 what I consider standard size speed bumps and the bottom of the car scraped the speed bumps. Has anyone else experienced this? My brother has a Model Y Long Range and has never experienced this.
Did your car come with the front mud flaps? If so, that's what is scraping.

Upvote 0
The fact that the Model Y Performance is lower than the LR is why I will never own a Model Y Performance.

The Model Y LR is already too low for my preferences.
Please don't sensensationalize this. The Performance variant is 0.6 inches lower. The drop is immaterial and not noticeable. I've never scraped one time in my MYP.

Upvote 0
Please don't sensensationalize this. The Performance variant is 0.6 inches lower. The drop is immaterial and not noticeable. I've never scraped one time in my MYP.
Didn’t mean to. And when I realized the much better explanation I wanted to go back end edit my post but it was too late.

I know this is a bit sideways from the topic, but when I got my Model Y since it’s classified as an “SUV”, I expected the ride height to be a lot closer to the Subaru Outback. It’s really just a 4 door hatchback. I know that’s where the industry is with the naming, but not what I expected.

Reactions: Noflash
Upvote 0
I haven’t heard of this happening but I believe it must have because a new feature being added is the car detecting speed bumps and higher levels on the road so the car automatically raises itself. Hard to explain what I read from Tesla but this new up upcoming feature didn’t come from nowhere. Before reading your thread here, I thought it was dumb because who does “mini off-roading “ in their Tesla.

Upvote 0
This was a bit different from what I read this year but all I could find in a quick google search just now. Not sure if it’s even the same thing and could have been scratched for a much better version I read. Above was written Feb 2021

Attachments

• 79B5B8A6-0BF9-4E1C-8F86-99004B1EE6B2.png
    79B5B8A6-0BF9-4E1C-8F86-99004B1EE6B2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 203
Upvote 0