Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance vs Jaguar iPace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are pretty much an idiot that buys based on vanity and “being different” if you get an iPace over a Model Y.

One can spend their time more wisely than trying to “test” a forgone conclusion.

The only argument is that an iPace can be bought today but the 3 is still better as a total package.
Agree, you could have left out pretty much though.

You are pretty much an idiot that buys based on vanity and “being different” if you get an iPace over a Model Y.

One can spend their time more wisely than trying to “test” a forgone conclusion.

The only argument is that an iPace can be bought today but the 3 is still better as a total package.
That's ridiculous. The I-Pace is a much higher class SUV than the Model Y.
I can see that the raw specs are much better on the Y, but the I-Pace will be much more refined, much prettier, better interior (apart from the infotainment etc)
I get that the I-Pace will have less demand, but luxury cars do have less demand than the average man's car.
And by the way, I could never afford an I-Pace:eek:

I can see that the raw specs are much better on the Y, but the I-Pace will be much more refined, much prettier, better interior (apart from the infotainment etc)
I get that the I-Pace will have less demand, but luxury cars do have less demand than the average man's car.

You can be pretty within your county because that’s about how far you can go in the iPace.

Without supercharging networks, the iPace is a vanity purchase as I said earlier.

You can be pretty

Well then, I guess that's in the eye of the beholda innut?
28a428c8-20e8-4b72-8472-45e99e049053.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: 1375mlm
Besides the bias in a Tesla forum, the i-Pace just can't compete with any Tesla model battery / charging wise. There was almost zero information to be found on how long it took to recharge their vehicle, and they barely mentioned their home charger as a side note.

I agree that purchasing an I-Pace is pure vanity since you significantly overpay considering what you get out of it. As far as the demand... the I-Pace basically has no demand. Jaguar never expected to sell many of them, they just expected to claim their energy credits for it. You may like the looks or layout better, but that is personal preference. To each their own as far as that goes.

I still have never seen an I-Pace on the road, and in this area that says a lot.

It looks like the next generation of electric cars is actually trying to sell their cars. Porsche had a lot of demand, Audi is making commercials already. They should actually be pretty good and I look forward to seeing them! Jaguar didn't even try to market theirs.

Besides the bias in a Tesla forum, the i-Pace just can't compete with any Tesla model battery / charging wise. There was almost zero information to be found on how long it took to recharge their vehicle, and they barely mentioned their home charger as a side note.

What did I write that was opinion? Objectively speaking, the iPace is a dumb purchase next to the Y (or really any other Tesla).

There's a good chance I'll see a customer owned Y on the road than an iPace.

If you want to see disillusion this is what iPace owners think on their forums:

"Model Y: another tablet on wheels"

"It looks like a Model X after you wash it the first time in hot water."

"An I-Pace has more usable interior room than a Model 3, yet it's an inch shorter."

Reactions: posity and wbhokie
If you want to see disillusion this is what iPace owners think on their forums:

"Model Y: another tablet on wheels"

"It looks like a Model X after you wash it the first time in hot water."

"An I-Pace has more usable interior room than a Model 3, yet it's an inch shorter."

I'm actually surprised there is enough I-Pace interest to justify the energy cost in running a forum to discuss it. ;-) Better to just re-use the Tesla forums like we have been.

Different strokes for different folks. The iPace has its strengths, too - luxury Jaguar interior with the fancy seats and whiz bang controls. Very important to some people.

I'd rather have self driving and Superchargers, but that doesn't mean I can't see an argument for the other choice, for some people.

Reactions: cizUK
It looks "pretty", but works less well, that pretty much sums up a Jaguar.

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
Different strokes for different folks. The iPace has its strengths, too - luxury Jaguar interior with the fancy seats and whiz bang controls. Very important to some people.

I'd rather have self driving and Superchargers, but that doesn't mean I can't see an argument for the other choice, for some people.

Some prefer CD players than internet streaming audio on demand but I wouldn’t design and market a car just to cater to the former.

Remember the point of a vehicle is to get from A to B. An iPace can’t even perform its primary purpose of the B is a bit too far.

And ipace is much better looking on the outside and available today.

It all just depends on your priorities. Some people value looks over practicality (both in terms of their car purchases and in their dating partners).

So it goes.

Again, its terrible for getting from A to B. It’s not even a matter of practicality. Though for those who understand practicality the iPace is no match for any of Tesla’s offerings even if you ignore A to B travel.

Looks are also subjective but I don’t see why it’s not possible to have both. Y looks great to me.

You know the iPace is availabile with a discount for a reason right?

One can rationalize how much they spend and where they spend their money all they wish.

I can question their judgment and offer an opinion on more efficient use of resources. If they don’t listen, oh well.

Last edited:
I've had multiple Jaguars (XK8, XKR, XJ8, XJL) and now multiple Tesla (S and 3). I will say that the Jaguar interiors were very understated and refined with high end materials and workmanship. With the exception of the XK8 I never had any major problems but even it wasn't as bad as the BMW. The XJL that I turned in off lease for the Model S was easily the most elegant car I have driven and I've had Mercedes, BMW, Lexus Audi, Cadillac and others. It was in fact completely trouble free during the three years I had it.

As much as I liked the XJL, when I swapped it for the S I actually preferred the interior of the S for its minimalism. Like the S, the Jag was aluminum and the supercharged 6 made it deceptively quick. Even though I had the lowly S75D there was simply no comparison in performance. As a computer professional i preferred the large touch screen to a myriad of buttons and controls. And of course, no gas.

I haven't seen a iPace in person but based on the photos, specs and reviews, I really don't have any interest. I've thought about pre-ordering a Y but since my Day 1 M3 reservation only allowed me to pass up early configurations that did not match what I wanted, I'm in no rush to give Tesla another interested-free deposit. That said, the iPace doesn't even enter into my mental landscape. It's admirable for Jag to make the leap to EVs but the iPace just seems like too much of an engineering compromise compared to everything available in the Y.

Having said all that, what I am really waiting on is the Tesla pickup. If it is as weird as Elon keeps hinting, I'm definitely in.

Reactions: dark cloud
Some prefer CD players than internet streaming audio on demand but I wouldn’t design and market a car just to cater to the former.

Remember the point of a vehicle is to get from A to B. An iPace can’t even perform its primary purpose of the B is a bit too far.

Again, its terrible for getting from A to B. It’s not even a matter of practicality. Though for those who understand practicality the iPace is no match for any of Tesla’s offerings even if you ignore A to B travel.

Looks are also subjective but I don’t see why it’s not possible to have both. Y looks great to me.

You know the iPace is availabile with a discount for a reason right?

One can rationalize how much they spend and where they spend their money all they wish.

I can question their judgment and offer an opinion on more efficient use of resources. If they don’t listen, oh well.

The point of a vehicle from the manufacturer's standpoint is to make money by selling it to someone who is willing to pay more than it cost to manufacture for said vehicle.

Getting from A to B is one of the typical tasks of the typical vehicle, yes. It is not the only purpose any vehicle might ever have, nor the sole objective by which they get judged. And certainly the distance between A and B is different for different users.

Anyone who can live with a Nissan Leaf as their primary car can certainly live with an iPace...

Reactions: cizUK