Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y refresh items!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 67xxx VIN and don't have these new features. I really want the auto dimming side mirrors. It is a safety issue and should be retrofitted by service for all 2021 models. I could care less what color the scroll button on the steering wheel is or having a usb in the glovebox.

I know tesla is constantly updating their vehicles and we should enjoy having our vehicles and blah blah blah

But it kind of sucks being an early adopter and helping Tesla with initial purchases only to have features change within 6 months (especially features that should have existed from the beginning, like auto dimming side mirrors).

Tesla is essentially encouraging people to not be early adopters of their products because they will likely make a variety of changes within 3-6 months. At a minimum, Tesla should offer the ability to retrofit certain items at a discounted rate or do something to thank the people who buy their vehicles at launch.

I know tesla is constantly updating their vehicles and we should enjoy having our vehicles and blah blah blah

But it kind of sucks being an early adopter and helping Tesla with initial purchases only to have features change within 6 months (especially features that should have existed from the beginning, like auto dimming side mirrors).

Tesla is essentially encouraging people to not be early adopters of their products because they will likely make a variety of changes within 3-6 months. At a minimum, Tesla should offer the ability to retrofit certain items at a discounted rate or do something to thank the people who buy their vehicles at launch.
That's why I will delay my cyber truck preorder for another year after launch.

I totally hear you and I, as a yet-to-be Tesla owner, I can't really refute the sentiment. However, I could see where it'll be easier to trade-in and get the latest version more frequently than traditional ICE cars due to the cars holding value much better (or maybe leases will make more sense with Teslas (and EVs in general?). Some are even predicting that with FSD, we may not even own cars within the next 10 years. I think it is the cost of innovating at such a quick pace. Yes, we have to pay that price, but I think it is worth it in the long run. At least I'm hopeful, anyways.

There will always be improvements. In fact, in comparison to all other carmakers, Tesla makes way more software updates to keep cars relevant.

The only hardware feature that I really wish I had in my Y is the heated steering wheel. I wish the holiday update included a heated steering wheel since all cars already had it hardwired. Oh, well...

Try being a Model S owner with HW 1.0!!!

I have a 67xxx VIN and don't have these new features. I really want the auto dimming side mirrors. It is a safety issue and should be retrofitted by service for all 2021 models. I could care less what color the scroll button on the steering wheel is or having a usb in the glovebox.

I wouldn't count on the mirrors being retrofitted, at least not for free. Maybe for a hefty cost. It can hardly be considered a safety issue when millions of other vehicles on the road don't have them.

It’s going to take a year after launch before we even get our deliveries.
Unless there is (heaven forbid, hope not) another global pandemic or economic situation and a lot of orders get cancelled or postponed... Look at the MY roll out as an example. Many people placed orders assuming they would not be ready for many months later on, to align with leases ending, saving up for the down payment, etc. only to have those orders pushed up in the queue due to uncertainty from CV-19 and people postponing or cancelling their orders. Who knows what the future will bring, and while unlikely that will happen again, I'd rather sit back and wait. How does that expression go? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

There will always be improvements. In fact, in comparison to all other carmakers, Tesla makes way more software updates to keep cars relevant.

The only hardware feature that I really wish I had in my Y is the heated steering wheel. I wish the holiday update included a heated steering wheel since all cars already had it hardwired. Oh, well...
Is it already hardwired? I thought Elon is quoted saying they couldn't engineer a fake leather heated steering wheel. Of course, this doesn't explain why x and s have heat or how my fake leather 12 v heated steering wheel cover hasn't disintegrated yet. Heated steering wheel is the thing I'm wishing for most! It should be a priority for tesla, since I'm pretty sure all northern latitude drivers have a similar sentiment. They could at least make a non vegan heated steering wheel an option in the meantime.

Is it already hardwired? I thought Elon is quoted saying they couldn't engineer a fake leather heated steering wheel.

LOL!

Self landing, reusable space rockets? NBD. Heated plastic steering wheel? Impossible!

105847383-15550456725171555023286494fha6adouble.gif

Agreed. PIN for glovebox access with the USB drive so it's more secure.

Even if the side mirrors dim now that doesn't change the fact the visibility is too narrow. Either way I would have replaced with the wide angle 3rd party mirror - you can see so much more!

I don't really care about the scrolling wheels on the steering wheel but I really wish mine had a USB slot in the glovebox.