Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Reservation Updated with new Wheel Color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lowtek

Jan 2, 2020
Alabama, USA
Tesla must have just done this .. the 20' Induction wheels are now black .. looks great!

wifey.png

I'm wondering if I can change my pre-order to the other wheel option without the the "performance upgrade" and still keep my locked-in cheaper price for FSD since I pre-ordered it before the price increase. I'm not seeing the cheaper price on the edit page so I'm worried I shouldn't edit my order…

I don’t know how you got that one. Mine ended up with the Uberturbine wheels, and I would much prefer the Induction wheels as I think they look a lot better. Alas, editing my order doesn’t show any way of getting to that exact configuration (which is what I really want). May have to go Long Range to get the Induction wheels.

I don’t know how you got that one. Mine ended up with the Uberturbine wheels, and I would much prefer the Induction wheels as I think they look a lot better. Alas, editing my order doesn’t show any way of getting to that exact configuration (which is what I really want). May have to go Long Range to get the Induction wheels.
I wish Tesla publishes the tires dimensions, in particular the side wall ratio especially for the 21".
I imagine it might be like 30% which seems very low for regular street driving, unless the Autopilot can detect potholes!!!

Also I would prefer to be abe to get silver painted wheels instead of black painted wheels, because the curb rashes are very noticeable otherwise.