Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Roof flew off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you look at the defect that I refused our Model Y for, it had missing rubber seal around the bottom of the windshield on the drivers side. My VIN was 48,878. Just wondering what your VIN was on this defective vehicle and if it's near the same VIN from the same batch as the one I rejected. If you get a chance, please post your VIN #..thanks.
The OP is not the one with the roof issue.

Roofs flying off aren't a "Tesla" thing. EVERY 2005 - 2007 Corvette with a fixed roof was recalled after a BUNCH of them flew off while their owners were driving them. GM first tried to "Band Aid" this debacle by having their dealers re-glue them. When that failed recall #2 replaced the roofs... which required that EACH roof (there were ~ 23,000 recalled) had to be repainted by the Chevy dealerships. Many roofs were sent to independent body shops since most dealers didn't have body shops... and paint color and "eggshell" mismatches were common. Recall #3 was to fix the issues recall #2 created, FINALLY securing these 23,000 roofs on properly. OUCH

GM Issues Recall for 2005-07 Corvettes for Faulty Roof - Corvette: Sales, News & Lifestyle

Corvette Z06 Sheds Its Roof Panel During A Drag Race: Video

My 2006 Corvette Z06 had to go in 3 times to finally get a roof that would stay on. This was a BIG deal since it's top speed was 198 mph... and the low roof put your head right next to the roof... and it was a LOT less aerodynamic / NOISIER than our 2015 Tesla P85D.

honestly the original post seems fishy, guy posted 2 sec video and 2 blurry overexposed pics. like huh? if roof really came off while driving, dude pull over immediately. who in their right mind would keep driving? call a tow truck. also, that class roof would have been run over, other cars would stop, call 911 and etc. also where's the roof now? it doesn't just disappear. OP posted very little detail.

honestly the original post seems fishy, guy posted 2 sec video and 2 blurry overexposed pics. like huh? if roof really came off while driving, dude pull over immediately. who in their right mind would keep driving? call a tow truck. also, that class roof would have been run over, other cars would stop, call 911 and etc. also where's the roof now? it doesn't just disappear. OP posted very little detail.
Tesla convertible? Model Y roof flies off while owners drive down California highway was posted at my work. We now have the name of the driver.

Must have be a modified James Bound version send to the wrong customer who then pressed on the wrong button...

Aston-Martin-DB5-James-Bond-Movie-Car-Gun-Button.jpg

397b2626462632fe28c6df42f311c439.jpg

Tesla QC going downhill big time, now we get reports of brand new Model S and X bent door panels and gaps at delivery, never heard before in Tesla history.
Well at least they're spreading the love at Fremont :rolleyes:

We've been told that the M3/MY are the bargain basement model Tesla's so that's what you get. Let's see how the MS/MX buyers react when dropping $100K on their car and they get dirty upholstery, panel gaps and paint mismatches/dirt.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and raggedy

Maybe you aren't from the US or are from a less populated part of the US. In high population density areas it's quite common to have no where to pull off to and have signs posted saying not to stop in the road way for any reason on some portions of major roads and interstates (bridges, ramps, tunnels are all common reasons for such postings).

Reactions: imola.zhp