Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y SR 1 year free trial of premium subscription taken away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is listed now, I placed my order 1 hour after the SR was listed. The connectivity page was not updated at that moment. I received this email as my account and my car had this information up until Thursday.

The email is about the only thing you have to try for the exception on the basis of a misunderstanding.

I have a screenshot from my iPad, similar to your order page, it doesn’t list anything about premium connectivity. It wouldn’t be listed there.

Attachments

• CCF376C4-2472-4F75-A984-D7FB645D0B0D.png
    CCF376C4-2472-4F75-A984-D7FB645D0B0D.png
    486.8 KB · Views: 67
You have only circumstantial evidence, the car was never advertised before you bought it that it included a year.

Also, you are going to let a $9.99/mo subscription sour your feelings about the whole thing? Here I thought it was $30-40/mo which I thought maybe was worth escalating...on the same note, Tesla should just give you the year and move on cause you sound like the persistent type and they will save some time granting the exception and closing out the case ;-)

Since I have received my car, I have discovered paint defects I couldn’t see at delivery due to the car being snow covered, the car has been reduced $2000 in price, my premium connectivity has been taken away after being told I would receive 1 year, and it is currently in the shop since my heater is broken. If you took delivery less than 1 month ago and all this had happened since, how would you feel? It isn’t the $120 value loss that I was told I would receive, it is a compounding issue based on my overall experience so far.

We should be only upset with a defective heat pump during this cold weather, but the drop in price after aggressive and 3 week early delivery and taking away 1 year premium subscription are not helping.

Why do you think the sales guy had a motive to screw you out of 2K? As far as I know, they aren't making any type of commission. Remember, these aren't dealerships.

Have you asked about the price drop and refund? Apparently some people have had luck with that.

But, otherwise, its kind of how things go. No one forced you to buy the car at the agreed upon price. In fact none of these cars are really built for us, we just get matched up to them. It is a good faith move for them to reimburse you anything.

You have only circumstantial evidence, the car was never advertised before you bought it that it included a year.

Also, you are going to let a $9.99/mo subscription sour your feelings about the whole thing? Here I thought it was $30-40/mo which I thought maybe was worth escalating...on the same note, Tesla should just give you the year and move on cause you sound like the persistent type and they will save some time granting the exception and closing out the case ;-)

Not just saving $100; Model Y was delivered very aggressively much earlier than my expected delivery date before the price drop and the heat pump failed immediately. All three happening at the same time is not pleasant.

I am not happy with this special situation, but Tesla still has the best cars I have owned.

Since I have received my car, I have discovered paint defects I couldn’t see at delivery due to the car being snow covered, the car has been reduced $2000 in price, my premium connectivity has been taken away after being told I would receive 1 year, and it is currently in the shop since my heater is broken. If you took delivery less than 1 month ago and all this had happened since, how would you feel? It isn’t the $120 value loses that I was told I would receive, it is a compounding issue based on my overall experience so far.

My last BMW went in the shop shortly after I received it (was a custom order) because they improperly installed the heat shield around the exhaust. It was a new model so it took a little time to order the part and get it.

I also had my A/C stop cooling due to a refrigerant leak a couple months later. A year after that the compressor seised and burnt up the belts and left me stranded. Stuff happens man. It sucks when you love the car. I get that. The important thing is that they fix it. If it continues to fail thats why you have lemon laws.

I am convinced however, that Tesla purchasers have become conditioned to fine tooth comb everything and expect perfection. Tough crowd. I expect the new factories will better set them up for success. They have learned a lot since the first cars rolled out at Fremont.

I don’t think it is expecting perfection to be warm when it is 1 degree Fahrenheit outside and your heat doesn’t work, the day after they drop the price, then also take away a feature that was advertised to you as you took delivery. I think that is part coincidental, but also no regard to the overall customer experience.

My last BMW went in the shop shortly after I received it (was a custom order) because they improperly installed the heat shield around the exhaust. It was a new model so it took a little time to order the part and get it.

I also had my A/C stop cooling due to a refrigerant leak a couple months later. A year after that the compressor seised and burnt up the belts and left me stranded. Stuff happens man. It sucks when you love the car. I get that. The important thing is that they fix it. If it continues to fail thats why you have lemon laws.

I am convinced however, that Tesla purchasers have become conditioned to fine tooth comb everything and expect perfection. Tough crowd. I expect the new factories will better set them up for success. They have learned a lot since the first cars rolled out at Fremont.

I love Tesla, but I don’t like this situation. Anyone can understand.

I just saw this on another discussion thread: As of right now, ordering an SR is not an option on the Tesla website. So maybe losing a year of connectivity should not be what we are worrying about?? My MY SR is in Honolulu right now, and has been accepted on my behalf by a concierge service who is putting it on a boat Monday for delivery to me on the Big Island... papers signed, money paid....so it's basically mine.

I asked for $2000 credit to my account, even though I had already paid and was told yes... then my Tesla account showed me owing 1 cent. ???? waiting for them to break out the calculators.

I just saw this on another discussion thread: As of right now, ordering an SR is not an option on the Tesla website. So maybe losing a year of connectivity should not be what we are worrying about?? My MY SR is in Honolulu right now, and has been accepted on my behalf by a concierge service who is putting it on a boat Monday for delivery to me on the Big Island... papers signed, money paid....so it's basically mine.

I asked for $2000 credit to my account, even though I had already paid and was told yes... then my Tesla account showed me owing 1 cent. ???? waiting for them to break out the calculators.

OH, BTW my sales rep has been awesome.

that’s good news. I also asked for the 2k on my MY SR, but have not heard back. Still waiting on a vin.

Not just saving $100; Model Y was delivered very aggressively much earlier than my expected delivery date before the price drop and the heat pump failed immediately. All three happening at the same time is not pleasant.

I am not happy with this special situation, but Tesla still has the best cars I have owned.

You're about to get even more unhappy as Tesla just killed your resale value by making the car a very young orphan.

Just curious, how did BMW treat you with the car in the shop? Loaner, rental ect..