Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y standard range is here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 SR+, which is a bit similar. I don't care much about battery pre-warming, because it drives just nicely when it is cold. Recuperation is low though, so you sometimes have to use the friction brakes.

For short distances this does not matter. On longer distances the battery will gradually warm up anyway.

I do pre-warm the interior and the battery if I feel like it, but with temperatures around the freezing point, planning a short drive, I only pre-warm for two to five minutes plus switch on seat heat. Of course you can do it for longer whenever you like.

At much lower temperatures I would tend to pre-heat accordingly longer to get the battery warmed up a bit, but this is still not necessary for driving. The car will drive even at much lower temperatures without pre-warming.

I have not read anything that confirms the curb weight of the Standard Range RWD Model Y.
Working from the curb weight of the Long Range Dual Motor Model 3 (4062 lbs) and the curb weight of the SR Plus Model 3 (3551 lbs), the difference (511 lbs) when applied to the curb weight of the Long Range Dual Motor Model Y (4416 lbs) would reduce the weight of the Standard Range RWD Model Y to ~3905 lbs. This is 157 lbs lighter than the curb weight of the Long Range Dual Motor Model 3. It may be possible to use other than XL rated tires on the Standard Range RWD Model Y. This would increase the selection of compatible tires.

• Informative
Reactions: msee67 and Itsuo-DC
We got this text message just now. I’m kind of confused because we thought they weren’t doing home deliveries and this is quite a bit quicker than the 2-5 week estimation. Anyone else receive this text too?

Order placed on 1/9, SR, White, Gemini, FSD.

Tesla Update - We expect to drop off your Model Y to your address at XXXX in the next 1-3 days. There is no need to be present at drop-off, you will be able to access your Model Y with the Tesla App.

You must complete the following in your Tesla Account before delivery:
- Electronically sign your contract, which will be available on 1/13
- Submit final payment, if necessary

Once your Model Y is dropped off, you will receive an email to electronically accept delivery, which must be completed within 24 hours of receipt. Please reply to this text with any questions.

We got this text message just now. I’m kind of confused because we thought they weren’t doing home deliveries and this is quite a bit quicker than the 2-5 week estimation. Anyone else receive this text too?

Tesla Update - We expect to drop off your Model Y to your address at XXXX in the next 1-3 days. There is no need to be present at drop-off, you will be able to access your Model Y with the Tesla App.

Once your Model Y is dropped off, you will receive an email to electronically accept delivery, which must be completed within 24 hours of receipt. Please reply to this text with any questions.

Haha oh man that is awesome, except if you arnt quite ready haha.

This is my third Tesla, 1st one was 4 weeks, 2nd one 8 weeks and if it really comes on jan 26th, this one will be the quickest at 2 weeks.

Reactions: msee67
I have not read anything that confirms the curb weight of the Standard Range RWD Model Y.
Working from the curb weight of the Long Range Dual Motor Model 3 (4062 lbs) and the curb weight of the SR Plus Model 3 (3551 lbs), the difference (511 lbs) when applied to the curb weight of the Long Range Dual Motor Model Y (4416 lbs) would reduce the weight of the Standard Range RWD Model Y to ~3905 lbs. This is 157 lbs lighter than the curb weight of the Long Range Dual Motor Model 3. It may be possible to use other than XL rated tires on the Standard Range RWD Model Y. This would increase the selection of compatible tires.
Well, Tesla lists it at 3,920 on their web site. I'd say that's confirmation. ;-) LR AWD lists at 4,416, although that might be a little suspect since the MYP lists at the same.

Haha oh man that is awesome, except if you arnt quite ready haha.

This is my third Tesla, 1st one was 4 weeks, 2nd one 8 weeks and if it really comes on jan 26th, this one will be the quickest at 2 weeks.

According to the text, it’s actually saying delivery will be in 1-3 days. So, potentially 5 days after the order was placed. Seems fishy to me and might be an error- we’re going to call the Sales Rep to confirm.

It might be correct as there are SR Model Y in the wild already (see the heated steering wheel thread)

If anyone has gone from an original Model 3 Standard Range Plus to a Model Y Standard Range has done a cold weather range comparison, that would be interesting to see. My 2019 Model 3 has just enough range in the winter, but the EPA rating of 244 vs 240 combined with the heat pump, the Model Y should be better I would think?