Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tinting question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tell us about the roof sunshade with magnet? What brand? How much? Installation ease? Taking it off etc.
Sure!

Sunshade used click here (it was only $39 when I bought it)

Magnet used click here

Installation was a breeze with the included 10 clips they provide. The fitment is close to perfect and does a nice job keeping the cabin cooler. The magnet idea I saw somewhere along the way but it works like a gem. You stick the provided round magnetic disc to the roof glass, then install the sunshade, and finally stick the magnet to the disc over the fabric of the sunshade. Done. Without the magnet pretty much any sunshade will sag, roughly 5 to 6 inches, which is fine for some people. I didn't like it though. The magnet is a simple solution that keeps the sunshade from sagging. I stuck it dead center, middle of the glass.

I don't plan to remove the sunshade very often but it would be very easy to do so, fold up, and keep in the trunk. The only thing is that there will be a round disc, about the size of a silver dollar, in the middle of the roof glass. Not a big deal to me but may be for some. The disc could be removed down the line of course but there might be some sticky residue left behind. Nothing a little Goo Gone and elbow grease couldn't take care of.

Last edited: