Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Tow Hitch Sensor Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly it's not a big deal to just deal with the sensor error. I just let the sensors freak out (it's colour on the screen as if you are backing into something) and use AP.

I would bring the bikes and skip renting them.
Oh heck, I misunderstood. I didn't think the AP would work if sensors were getting errors. Oh Yeah, Easy-Peasy, I can put up with the sensors' folly.
Dang, I'm all happy again!

Reactions: Vin_L and Mark-YSR
I added the tow hitch to my Model Y at the time of order. This past weekend, I finally attached a bike rack and enabled trailer mode. With trailer mode turned on I am getting an error message saying the my parking sensors may be dirty or are not working. My understanding is that trailer mode is supposed to remove these error messages. Am I missing something or should I contact Tesla because something is not working correctly with the Trailer mode software? I thought I’d ask the forum to make sure I am not doing something incorrectly.

I’ve done software reboot as well and that didn’t remove the warning messages from displaying…

Thanks
Get a bike rack that includes an affixed brake light that can be plugged into the trailer electrical terminal, or buy such a light after market.

LOL tweeting? No I don’t tweet. I hate social media
LOL
I hear ya. I just DELETED my Twitter and Fb accounts last night. It’s soul-sucking. My point was that some TESLA owners/lovers have had success when Tweeting Elon directly. Sometimes, he responds. (cf. Dog Mode; Joe Mode; etc.) Seems like the DOJO labeler should have the ability to overcome this error.

If you don't have electric connections for your bike rack, don't turn trailer mode on because you are not pullinga trailer. I pull a boat and also have a bike rack (use both every werk). Trailer mode automatically goes on when I plug in the trailer. Does not (and should not) when the rack is used). Yes, it yells at me when I back up with bikes, but I live with it. Bummer for EMEA that have lights on their rack since trailer mode will disable AP.