Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had their text to collect a white/black/gemini version? I can see quite a few white/white/geminis and white/black/20s but not many of the default spec, but not everyone has their signature updated. My June EDD still hasn't moved but with no VIN match isn't looking very likely now. The money is burning a hole in my pocket just sat waiting in my account, I shouldn't have rushed to organise my finances so quickly!
Yes was matched to a vehicle the other day and had text for delivery on 24th
Lease from LEX

Still not had any movement on my order. still saying 18-30 june which I think is highly unlikely now.
Seen a few same spec as mine ordered after and they have delivery date txt. Totally beyond me the tesla way of working.
Cheers, even more confusing! But hopefully some good news coming your way. Mine still on July.. post up if anything changes.
Same, Glasgow collection but still shows as july

Just spoke with a helpful guy at Tesla - it seems (as I think I've read on here earlier?) that the May EDD placeholder on the account is in fact a software error as they are trying to migrate to a more dynamic order update process. The May will, in reality, mean August/September being the date now unless someone cancels in the meantime time to match one of our 3 ordered cars.

Seems we got unlucky with our Feb orders so I guess my minute by minute updating of the app and this forum is now unnecessary for a few more months :p :(

5 minutes ago mine has come back to June.
June Delivery.jpg

Just spoke with a helpful guy at Tesla - it seems (as I think I've read on here earlier?) that the May EDD placeholder on the account is in fact a software error as they are trying to migrate to a more dynamic order update process. The May will, in reality, mean August/September being the date now unless someone cancels in the meantime time to match one of our 3 ordered cars.

Seems we got unlucky with our Feb orders so I guess my minute by minute updating of the app and this forum is now unnecessary for a few more months :p :(
Seems as though an early order date doesn’t guarantee you a car quicker then anyone else. Frustrating but it’s the way tesla must work. Car turns up when it turns up.

I'm in the same boat as you...having just spoken to Tesla chat I get "I can advise that we are still waiting for delivery window to updated from the factory for your order. We will contact you once a vehicle has been assigned to your order" which basically means Zen definitely placed that order a lot later than they've made it out to be considering the other orders that have now got delivery dates.
I would just ask Tesla when your order was placed if you have any doubts. But for my Zen order, tesla told me it was placed in Oct21. MYLR Red/Black/19. No match.

Reactions: EchoOneZero
they are trying to migrate to a more dynamic order update process

Hehehe ... well I'd love that to be true ... and it may well be ... but I reckon if you call and speak to someone else ... or even the same person again :( ... you'll get a different answer.

Support People aren't saying "Dunno", but instead they make stuff up and add to the confusion.

Software people who wrote the allocation system didn't care too much how it would look to people waiting in the queue ... or ... (perhaps more likely, sadly :( ) there is a fair amount of "manual work" involved in allocation, and people are shuffling stuff around to allocate orders-to-production-batches (EDD) and then Orders to actual cars-on-a-boat. And they get that wrong and have another go ... or invent various bodge-it-and-fix-it like "Let's call Unallocated "May" ... That just makes stuff even worse ...

I had 4 invoices for my last car before they got it right (forgot the deposit ... then got the deposit right but forgot the trade-in ... and so on. How is that even possible? Surely that should be a completely automated process - I had an Order, a Deposit and a Trade-In- hardly a Unicorn).

The core problem is that this is a multi billion dollar startup! and none of the back office systems are right-sized for the company's growth

Not convinced there is anything wrong with ALD orders. I'm with ALD. Could be they have a load of admin to do and need to process the matches and send it back to Tesla before our accounts are updated. Who knows.

I am a little shocked someone with the same spec who ordered after me has been matched. I see a few of us with ALD finance are still unmatched, but lets see and hope!!!

Not convinced there is anything wrong with ALD orders. I'm with ALD. Could be they have a load of admin to do and need to process the matches and send it back to Tesla before our accounts are updated. Who knows.

I am a little shocked someone with the same spec who ordered after me has been matched. I see a few of us with ALD finance are still unmatched, but lets see and hope!!!
I really hope you’re right. Or else we could be waiting a while

How long after you place an order do you on average get an update from Tesla, I have a RN via text the day after the order was placed but I’m wondering when is it likely I will hear from them, my order was placed through work leasing scheme On 13th May so I can’t see the car in the app. I’m not expecting much of an update now but just curious how often texts / emails come through