Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will need:
1. All weather rubber car mats UK weather will wear out your carpets
2. An ssd drive for music or pay £20+ per month for Apple & Premium Connectivity
3. Alloy wheel protectors, alloys are £600+ each
4. If you live near pidgeons or seagulls, PPF is a very good option
5. Agree with centre console trays but not sure about coffee cup holders
One last thing it's a 'bonnet' according to Tesla not a frunk!

It'll come with a USB drive and carpet floor mats for the cabin.

Buying more all weather floor, boot and frunk mats is probably a good idea, the first thing I've put in my cars. I've seen no reason to replace the provided usb, some people want higher capacity but I'm not sure I understand why.

A tray that fits under the centre console slider to hold things you want at hand is sensible, otherwise it's just a massive hole.

Anything else is really optional.
The higher capacity USB is for your music library. And probably better to buy a 1TB SSD split it 70/30 for music and tesla camera. There will be a dozen you tube videos on how too. Unless your happy paying £20 per month for your music?

You will need:
1. All weather rubber car mats UK weather will wear out your carpets
2. An ssd drive for music or pay £20+ per month for Apple & Premium Connectivity
3. Alloy wheel protectors, alloys are £600+ each
4. If you live near pidgeons or seagulls, PPF is a very good option
5. Agree with centre console trays but not sure about coffee cup holders
One last thing it's a 'bonnet' according to Tesla not a frunk!
I also bought a spare wheel that i store for that emergency. Back in the day getting hold of a tesla designed tyre could take a while!

After hearing of things falling down the vents under the front seats I got some Clip on covers. No idea if it's really necessary but stuff rattling away with no way if getting it out would bother me so I bought some off Amazon. Pretty cheap (others may better or cheaper but nowhere had them in stock when I ordered so I got these: https://amzn.eu/d/dBzccSl

I didn't get new carpets/mats but after a year I've worn a hole through the driver's mat which I've never done before!!

Agree on the trays for central console. It's just too big and deep for small items.

We also bought some rubberised covers that go over the seatbelt clips to stop rattles. Not strictly necessary but Mrs. McChimp found the rattles infuriating (I usually have music on too loud to notice!!)
Hi

@Chimpy McChimp where did you purchase the seat belt covers? I’m afraid I’m in the same camp as your wife. Drives me crazy when I’m driving and the seat belt keeps rattling. 😤

Just took delivery of my MYLR yesterday. I got a one month free trial on premium connectivity. Is it really necessary or useful? Can you manage with your phone as hotspot as an alternate? I'm inferring that live traffic updates can be obtained only through premium connectivity.

Thanks in advance.

Just took delivery of my MYLR yesterday. I got a one month free trial on premium connectivity. Is it really necessary or useful? Can you manage with your phone as hotspot as an alternate? I'm inferring that live traffic updates can be obtained only through premium connectivity.

Thanks in advance.
Each to their own but we have it mainly for own Spotify profiles but Mrs McChimp prefers the satellite view on the navigation.

Thanks in advance.
Necessary is quite subjective. There are definitely features that you won't be able to use without it though.

1703067046902.png

Tesla say 'Some features that are available with Standard Connectivity over Wi-Fi, such as video streaming, Caraoke and the internet browser, may also be accessed over mobile hotspots, subject to fees and restrictions of your mobile carrier.' so you can probably do most of that by tethering your phone. How much hassle that is I couldn't tell you as I don't do it. More opinions here: Premium connectivity vs tethering

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Forgive me if I haven’t spotted the easy answer to this question: but what is the current lead time on a Y LR?

My M3 lease is up in June and I want to try and minimise any gap or double up between cars.
I ordered on 8th Dec and am currently waiting at Brent Cross for my car to complete its wash and PDI (allegedly). But I got lucky in finding the spec I wanted in inventory. You can check inventory here by:

Thanks in advance.
You can get most of what you need, apart from live traffic, but the big drawback is that the connection to the hotspot gets reset every time you drive the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Js1977