Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure it must be somewhere on here but couldn’t find easily.

Do any of you know what the battery level is when you receive the long awaited car?! (Collection or delivery via flatbed I guess would be the same). Are Tesla virgins thrown in the deep-end of registering payment cards for supercharger use etc while in the vehicle with low battery? And if so, is that something I can sort now? Or only once I have the car? I am hoping to do a long work trip that same afternoon and wondering whether I need to factor in charging!

The things I worry about now I am not worrying about the car not turning up!!!

Do any of you know what the battery level is when you receive the long awaited car?! (Collection or delivery via flatbed I guess would be the same). Are Tesla virgins thrown in the deep-end of registering payment cards for supercharger use etc while in the vehicle with low battery? And if so, is that something I can sort now? Or only once I have the car? I am hoping to do a long work trip that same afternoon and wondering whether I need to factor in charging!

The card you used for the initial deposit will be registered in your Tesla account for supercharging but as for how much will be in the battery at delivery is anyones guess but it will usually be more than 50%

The cars travel at a 50% charge state. So if you have anymore than that I’d be very surprised.

The cars travel at a 50% charge state. So if you have anymore than that I’d be very surprised.
The card you used for the initial deposit will be registered in your Tesla account for supercharging but as for how much will be in the battery at delivery is anyones guess but it will usually be more than 50%
I did pay the deposit, but then Zenith have taken over account and I have been prompted to set up a new Tesla account with company email address etc. So will be interesting to see if those card details have been stored. Thanks for advice.

Mine was at 47% on collection. Went to a supercharger on the wy home to try it out. I'd already bought a couple of things from the Tesla store via the app and my payment cards were already there. I suspect you can add them at any time, and you can choose a default (from the app, click your face in the top right and then Account and then Wallet). At the supercharger, just plug it in and it works. It uses your default payment method in the app.

Another query,

I applied for PCP finance through Santander Consumer Finance on 5th April this year when I ordered the MY.

The application was accepted and I signed the pre-contract conditions and sales agreement.

Would anyone know how long is car finance approval valid for ? And should I get the same rate I signed for ?

1868F1D9-4747-4273-99CB-5F46D825FA60.jpeg
Got my new MY today which was ordered on 4th March. Like all of you, I’ve ridden the EDD rollercoaster for half a year, but here I am, with it. For info, I transferred my reservation to Tusker after a few months, so I could take advantage of the salary sacrifice benefits. As a result, I got it delivered today. I’ll caveat that by saying that I initially stated Southampton collection, then after umpteen calls, emails and tweets, I was informed I’d be collecting from Staines, but ultimately, it was a delivery, which I gather is down to the company car aspect. The delivery was via anyvan, and whilst they got it here on a transporter, the driver was ignorant, belittled Tesla (basically took the piss out of my car in front on me and compared to Mercedes - of which I’ve had six and none were great), and left dirty footprints on the mats and marks on the door inside trim).
As it was late in the day, I haven’t done the forensic walk around but all looks good, apart from an alignment gap on the bonnet. Despite that, there is a boot / tonneau cover (which I wasn’t expecting), quality mats, and front mudflaps. For clarity, there is also the Tesla charging cable and long charging cable.
Overall, I think it looks great and seems to drive well on the short run I’ve done.

I stand corrected. The pic of 4 in a row is always 4 the same but the picture in a square is left and right hand.
To start a new debate in the image you provided of the blue car i agree they are left and right but arent they on the wrong sides. I would have fitted the other way around?

Yes I agree to your point. To be honest am bit confused with the directions now 😀. Do you think the one which I ordered doesn’t sound right?

View attachment 848679Got my new MY today which was ordered on 4th March. Like all of you, I’ve ridden the EDD rollercoaster for half a year, but here I am, with it. For info, I transferred my reservation to Tusker after a few months, so I could take advantage of the salary sacrifice benefits. As a result, I got it delivered today. I’ll caveat that by saying that I initially stated Southampton collection, then after umpteen calls, emails and tweets, I was informed I’d be collecting from Staines, but ultimately, it was a delivery, which I gather is down to the company car aspect. The delivery was via anyvan, and whilst they got it here on a transporter, the driver was ignorant, belittled Tesla (basically took the piss out of my car in front on me and compared to Mercedes - of which I’ve had six and none were great), and left dirty footprints on the mats and marks on the door inside trim).
As it was late in the day, I haven’t done the forensic walk around but all looks good, apart from an alignment gap on the bonnet. Despite that, there is a boot / tonneau cover (which I wasn’t expecting), quality mats, and front mudflaps. For clarity, there is also the Tesla charging cable and long charging cable.
Overall, I think it looks great and seems to drive well on the short run I’ve done.

If you are in Reading you'll be looked after by the service team there (and their mobile colleagues) who do a good job...

Reactions: Real Reado
View attachment 848679Got my new MY today which was ordered on 4th March. Like all of you, I’ve ridden the EDD rollercoaster for half a year, but here I am, with it. For info, I transferred my reservation to Tusker after a few months, so I could take advantage of the salary sacrifice benefits. As a result, I got it delivered today. I’ll caveat that by saying that I initially stated Southampton collection, then after umpteen calls, emails and tweets, I was informed I’d be collecting from Staines, but ultimately, it was a delivery, which I gather is down to the company car aspect. The delivery was via anyvan, and whilst they got it here on a transporter, the driver was ignorant, belittled Tesla (basically took the piss out of my car in front on me and compared to Mercedes - of which I’ve had six and none were great), and left dirty footprints on the mats and marks on the door inside trim).
Does the rear wheel arch internal have carpet cladding on it to soften seat belt impact noise? Phot looks good, hope you really enjoy.

Looks stunning. Love those 20"s. I'm sure you'll have a fab time driving it around. :)

Reactions: Real Reado
View attachment 848486

Asked customer agent about this 👆🏻
Well i hope they are ok. I ordered some today on your recommendation. So if there is a problem i'm blaming you :mad:
That image showing the two variants I would says is one version, just mirrored.

Yes the number plate is facing the right way, but you can see the kerb, the vertical lines on the beige wall, the marks under the car; in both photos, they are all in the same place :(

Reactions: WW7490
That image showing the two variants I would says is one version, just mirrored.

Yes the number plate is facing the right way, but you can see the kerb, the vertical lines on the beige wall, the marks under the car; in both photos, they are all in the same place :(
Good point. Its clearly a flipped image with a photoshopped number plate. So someone went to the trouble of showing left and right hand versions exist. Question is were they just too lazy to take two images or were they deliberately trying to trick potential customers into thinking both exist. Im sure no Chinese vendor would stoop so low......

• Informative
Reactions: WW7490