Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will be interesting to see how the new Bank Holiday on Monday 19th impacts some our our dates. My delivery is planned for 21st, but would understand if that is shunted back due to those missing our earlier in the week. ( if that is indeed the case??) I’ve waited this long so another day is not a big problem, but I wasn’t planning to be at home that day so need to know ASAP. Just to stress, I’m not complaining at all, as this is a totally unexpected event that takes precedence to my desire to have my hands on the Y.

Sold mine with Motorway, collected yesterday. Nearly £4K more than WBAC and £3k over Tesla.

It was ultimately very straightforward with no questions asked (I was honest with photos of course!) so I would very much recommend them to anyone considering trade-in.

Only downside is I have to beg my wife for use of her car until collection day on Thursday!
I tried both those sites when selling my 2019 disco sport and finally sold to Cazoo which offered £1800 more than both those sites and the money was in my account 1 hour later.

Just another option for anyone.

I collected my Model Y Friday and am blown away. Awesome car!!

Only issue is the passenger door has a scratch on it and I now have to drive for an hour to drop
It off at a service centre to have it repaired. Surely Tesla could have sent out a mobile service vehicle (chips away)

I tried both those sites when selling my 2019 disco sport and finally sold to Cazoo which offered £1800 more than both those sites and the money was in my account 1 hour later.

Only issue is the passenger door has a scratch on it and I now have to drive for an hour to drop
It off at a service centre to have it repaired. Surely Tesla could have sent out a mobile service vehicle (chips away)
Sorry to hear about that scratch, as you say frustrating that a mobile ranger unit can’t deal with it. Excuse for a road trip I guess…

Hadn’t thought of Cazoo - because I’m a glutton for punishment just ran the old car and indeed they would have beaten Motorway, albeit only by about £200 so I’m not sore about it.

Oddly, Carshop (who bought my car through the Motorway auction process) offered lower direct than thorough Motorway. But certainly then Cazoo is worth a go as well as the others…

Reactions: robmcm
Sold my Outlander on Motorway, was collected this Thursday gone by a dealer who flew up from Gatwick to Aberdeen to drive it back to Poole... His words "we seriously overpaid for this car because we're desperate for decent stock". Motorway offered £2k more than WBAC, we've used them before, its a great service.

Happily I'm spending most of my carless week out of the country on business. Collecting my MY in Glasgow on the way home, so technically my collection trip starts on Friday in Cluj-Napoca and takes me to Berlin before Glasgow...

Sorry to hear about that scratch, as you say frustrating that a mobile ranger unit can’t deal with it. Excuse for a road trip I guess…

Hadn’t thought of Cazoo - because I’m a glutton for punishment just ran the old car and indeed they would have beaten Motorway, albeit only by about £200 so I’m not sore about it.

Oddly, Carshop (who bought my car through the Motorway auction process) offered lower direct than thorough Motorway. But certainly then Cazoo is worth a go as well as the others…
Cazoo seem to offer inline with WBAC for me, Motorway and CarWow seem to instant offer up to 20% more.

Worth checking all the online car buyers if you can I guess.

Cazoo seem to offer inline with WBAC for me, Motorway and CarWow seem to instant offer up to 20% more.

Worth checking all the online car buyers if you can I guess.
Cazoo just offered us a valuation 10% lower than WBAC. Motorway is on par with WBAC but I’d hope to beat that figure easily when the vehicle goes into Motorway’s auction process.

Failing that, WBAC it is. Will give Carwow a go while I’m at it.

I used Motorway as well and had the same experience - £3.5K more than Tesla offered me and a very smooth, very easy experience. With so many companies nowadays (including Tesla) forgetting that customer service is still a thing, it; so refreshing to have some a lovely customer experience. Highly recommend Motorway.

It will be interesting to see how the new Bank Holiday on Monday 19th impacts some our our dates. My delivery is planned for 21st, but would understand if that is shunted back due to those missing our earlier in the week. ( if that is indeed the case??) I’ve waited this long so another day is not a big problem, but I wasn’t planning to be at home that day so need to know ASAP. Just to stress, I’m not complaining at all, as this is a totally unexpected event that takes precedence to my desire to have my hands on the Y.
My delivery is currently scheduled for 19 Sept. Tesla as saying they will be contacting people next week if changes are needed …

Well that’s my X3 sold and now I have only 17days of using my weekend sports car or my wife’s car until then. Tesla delivery is now getting very real for me and there is a nice big space on my drive next to my hypervolt waiting for it. Hope you guys are all in good order too. PS Richard symons latest video comparing MY with MX noted that the MY is more comfortable than before and he has plenty experience to be taken seriously.

With alot of us with cars on Sunrise, Any views on the emergency budget now being discussed at the posponed date of the 21st September, given there may be a Gordon Brown style cut in the general/main VAT rate ? and the possible sizeable discount an a new large purchase? ;)

Reactions: robmcm
With alot of us with cars on Sunrise, Any views on the emergency budget now being discussed at the posponed date of the 21st September, given there may be a Gordon Brown style cut in the general/main VAT rate ? and the possible sizeable discount an a new large purchase? ;)
I think you’ll be very lucky to have a tax point date for a Q3 delivery compatible with a VAT rate cut being announced in September.

I would expect it to take effect in October at the earliest.

Reactions: ElsDee