Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y unveiling event 2019-03-14 (official thread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been a rough patch, for me.
Lost the script
Too much drama.
Our hero pulled me back in.
Proof of a Sim?

Mirror Twin derangements
TDS tedium
you can't be that

twitter warriors
run a company
run a country
You can't do that

scald the doubters
you can't say that

connect and embrace
dreams of a nation
Tell me what i can't do?

I Do that

Love Ya!

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 9.22.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 9.03.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 8.56.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 9.01.04 PM.png

Text and Elon screenshots from reveal video, and other screenshots from the press kit photos.

Links:
Presskit | Tesla

Reveal video missing from YouTube & livestream already. Anybody have link to copy?

Last edited:
i'm so glad literally nobody, including Tesla engineers, agrees with you. take the bus.

Hmmm, doesn't Tesla Autopilot+AutoSteer limit you to 5 MPH over the posted speed limit?

But you're wrong about nobody doing that. At least from what's been reported, the self-driving Taxis that Waymo is now using in a Phoenix suburb stick strictly to the posted speed limit.

This will be our official thread to discuss the Model Y unveiling event.

Currently waiting for the livestream to start.
You started this thread at 8:05PM for an event at 8PM, by which time I was already prepared and posting in the following for about 20 minutes:

Live-stream link?

Please merge all applicable posts from there into here.

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte and McFlurri
about the 7 seater, why do people keep saying it's impossible, it's literally only for children, etc. there are vehicles of similar size not generally available in the US that do have 7 seat configs, like the Toyota Wish and Prius V 7 seater. Granted I would not want to sit back there for a road trip, but people are making sound like they are the jump seats in the Model S.

I wasn't expecting anything else really. It's designed to get them into the market without having to outlay another billion bucks for a new line. So that's what they did.
I agree this is a smart move for them, but a little hard to justify adding a Y as a second car if you already have a 3 and like a little variety. They are *extremely* similar. Was hoping this would be my wife’s next car but now not so sure.

Hmmm, doesn't Tesla Autopilot+AutoSteer limit you to 5 MPH over the posted speed limit?

But you're wrong about nobody doing that. At least from what's been reported, the self-driving Taxis that Waymo is now using in a Phoenix suburb stick strictly to the posted speed limit.
No, it currently allows up to 85mph on a divided highway. It is limited to speed limit + 5 on other roads.

I do think they will eventually put a limit on the speed if it is ever to be manufacturer responsibility and not driver assist. Otherwise, big money maker for the local police departments.

I agree this is a smart move for them, but a little hard to justify adding a Y as a second car if you already have a 3 and like a little variety. They are *extremely* similar. Was hoping this would be my wife’s next car but now not so sure.
It's a slightly taller 3 with better rear storage, without being up to the bulk of an S (or X).

I'm not trading in our S or 3, but it does have a place. I'd like to see a tow hitch.