Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model Y vs Cybertruck. Which one will you buy if both are on the market right now?

Which one will you buy if both are on the market right now?

• model Y

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • cybertruck

Votes: 52 65.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Model Y has been out now. There are alot of information about the spec and driving dynamic of the car. Given what you know about Y now and comparing to cybertrck. If Cybertruck and Y are available for sale in the market, which one would you choose?

Two very different market demographics, with different sets of needs. I voted for the one that I think would be most useful for me, but I don't really expect that there will be that much cross-shopping between them, and I certainly don't think that one of them will be universally better for everyone.

Two very different market demographics, with different sets of needs. I voted for the one that I think would be most useful for me, but I don't really expect that there will be that much cross-shopping between them, and I certainly don't think that one of them will be universally better for everyone.

Respectfully disagree on the cross-shopping. Pre-Cybertruck reveal we were destined to be a 3 and Y family. My wife liking lower position, sedan-like vehicles while we simultaneously need the practicality to transport a large dog, a kid, and a small trailer. The CT is a better fit than the Y for towing and off-road camping duties while being a worse (presumably, and if nothing else for it's bulk) daily driver. It's definitely an open debate in my family of Y vs CT. (We would be coming from a Leaf and a Forester). Neither of us have ever owned a pickup, but the CT seems to be a pretty darn epic value proposition.

• Love
Reactions: Fiddler
Biggest differentiator for me, aside from looks, is potential range. Tri-motor CT having 500+ miles is a huge draw for me, as I will be making a lot of long distance trips.

I'm not a "truck guy" but I feel like the CT is almost more of a SUV look than a pickup.

The driving experience in the truck will be completely different in many ways. Tesla does have things called superchargers, do you pland to cross continents? Do you live in Japan and are really going to need that kind of range and take that many trips with no available SCs?

The driving experience in the truck will be completely different in many ways. Tesla does have things called superchargers, do you pland to cross continents? Do you live in Japan and are really going to need that kind of range and take that many trips with no available SCs?

Are you trying to be a smarty-pants? I've heard of these supercharger things you mentioned.. when I got my first Model S in 2013. I also, remember sitting at superchargers in the summer getting well under the advertised rate. As more and more cars are on the road, superchargers will get more crowded. So, the less I have to stop.. the better.

When I return to the states I will probably be driving 800+ mile trips every other week. The difference between a 500 mile range and a 350/322 mile rage for Model X/Y respectively will make a big difference.