Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Wheelchair Accessibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a problem that I'm hopeful one of you Model Y owners in So Cal is able to help me with. My son is in a wheelchair but can and does drive a vehicle with hand controls. I own a Model 3 and we are looking at a Model Y for him. Since the MY has a minimum seat height higher than that of a M3, it is imperative that we make sure our son is able to transfer from his wheelchair to the driver's seat of the MY. The problem is the scarcity of any Model Y vehicles to test this.

We do not need to drive the vehicle only need about 15 minutes to ensure that he can make the wheelchair to driver's seat transfer before we finalize the order. We live in South Orange County near San Juan Capistrano. If any Model Y owner between LA and San Diego is willing to let us make the transfer test under your supervision please PM me. We will have masks and gloves. Thank You.

Yes, Easy Entry will help as I use it on my Model 3. The problem is minimum seat height. The Model Y front seats sit on a raised pedestal.

Thanks for your input.
I sure hope you msnaged to get a zmodel Y to test entry. The seat pn s model Y, at its lowest setting, is 7” higher than s model 3. I have a 3 and my wife has a Y, so I know. You can get lowering springs for the Y from Unplugged Performance. Be aware that lowering spring usually stiffen up the suspension a bit.