Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y White Interior Deliveries?

Did your white interior car ask you for payment information yet?

• Yes

Votes: 38 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 56 59.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"If no appointment is selected by tonight, we will schedule the first available appointment. We are now offering an express delivery experience. Check in, complete documents on your own in your Model 3, watch tutorials on the touchscreen, and drive."

from my text

Received a call from a Las Vegas number today - asked me to confirm if I still wanted to take delivery, and whether I had any questions. I had about 8 billion of them but managed to distill it into “so we’re still thinking end of month for delivery?” to which the answer was “Yes”

So initial order date 3/15/19, got to final step before VIN on 3/7/20 (addy/trade/loan), delivery by end of month. Still no VIN or MVPA in my account yet but should be soon.

I had received that call yesterday as well. Got financial in order, patiently waiting on VIN.

Just got a delivery date for Friday, and surprisingly are going to deliver directly to my place. This might be a workaround with the Coronavirus as the text said they would drop it off without me even needing to be there, which is strange:

text:
Tesla Update - We expect to drop off your Model Y to your address at ... in 2-4 days. There is no need to be present at drop-off, you will be able to access your Model Y with the Tesla App.

You must complete the following in your Tesla Account before delivery:
- Electronically sign your contract, which will be available on 3/19
- Submit final payment, if necessary

Once your Model Y is dropped off, you will receive an email to electronically accept delivery, which must be completed within 24 hours of receipt. Please reply to this text with any questions.
I got the same text, please reply and let us know how the home delivery goes. I am curious, do they just drop off the car and leave? Lol does the driver of your MY have another Tesla following to give a ride after? Or is it all FSD... that would be something else, self delivery of the model Y

Just completed entering all information, waiting for MVPA, VIN and delivery information.
Trade-in is valid for 30 days, White/White RWD details in signature, so...

Insert the voice over of Don LaFontaine...
Cue the music...
Cue the trailer...

Will a MY RWD be delivered in 30 days + Covid 19 closure period?
Will a MY White interior be delivered...
Will a Model Y be hitting the streets shortly...

I'll be baack...Film at 11.

I didn’t received any emails or tests. Just happened to log into my account & they asked for delivery, trade-in & payment method. I ordered white/white, LR, 20” Induction& FSD. Hopefully that’s a sign of my near delivery (~week?).

provided you have all your info in, that should be soon. I may be potentially delaying mine since I have not accepted the Tesla trade offer. I have not declined it yet either because I’m weighing various options and have our 2016 X listed for sale here too. I was just going to trade, but Tesla low-balled me really bad on the offer. I spent almost a whole day getting someone on the phone about it and they bluntly told me they couldn’t offer more because of the COVID-19 situation and they’re worried about excessive used inventory. OK, I get it, but man that stings. Probably will decline the Tesla offer, as CarMax offered me a good bit more, but they need to see the car to finalize the offer in writing.

Reactions: IdaBish
White interior delivered.

IMG_9235.jpg

Found some interesting stats today, the Google Sheet finally started allowing me to filter. Out of 1,313 responses, there are:
  • 5 White interior / PUP with VIN assigned (hi @ttothejizay)
  • 26 White interior / PUP who got delivery email (31 if you include the 5 above)
  • 0 with my exact config + VIN assigned (White/White PUP 5 seat FSD) - @Young Phenom is the only example I could find but don't think he's on the sheet.
Was starting to get jealous of some of you guys jumping me in line (@Young Phenom your timing was perfect) and thought I was well positioned by ordering a fully optioned vehicle on day 1, but seems like Tesla had other plans. Oh well. Back to waiting.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-24_10-47-9.png
    upload_2020-3-24_10-47-9.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 65
  • upload_2020-3-24_11-14-15.png
    upload_2020-3-24_11-14-15.png
    964.2 KB · Views: 66
  • upload_2020-3-24_11-15-39.png
    upload_2020-3-24_11-15-39.png
    700 KB · Views: 59
Found some interesting stats today, the Google Sheet finally started allowing me to filter. Out of 1,313 responses, there are:
  • 5 White interior / PUP with VIN assigned (hi @ttothejizay)
  • 26 White interior / PUP who got delivery email (31 if you include the 5 above)
  • 0 with my exact config + VIN assigned (White/White PUP 5 seat FSD) - @Young Phenom is the only example I could find but don't think he's on the sheet.
Was starting to get jealous of some of you guys jumping me in line (@Young Phenom your timing was perfect) and thought I was well positioned by ordering a fully optioned vehicle on day 1, but seems like Tesla had other plans. Oh well. Back to waiting.

I've been looking at the data too. Ordered in August, Blue/White w/ PUP and FSD, Chicago market. It appears like most deliveries are within a reasonable radius to Freemont and the others, my gut says there was room on a truck that was already scheduled to the part of the country. A couple Chicago deliveries are imminent, so I'm just trying to be patient, which given everything that is going on, is rather easy.

I've been looking at the data too. Ordered in August, Blue/White w/ PUP and FSD, Chicago market. It appears like most deliveries are within a reasonable radius to Freemont and the others, my gut says there was room on a truck that was already scheduled to the part of the country. A couple Chicago deliveries are imminent, so I'm just trying to be patient, which given everything that is going on, is rather easy.
Haha I find it harder to be patient, now that my work productivity is through the roof working remotely, just end up refreshing my Tesla account page about 5-10 times a day.

What's interesting to me is that the VINs haven't been assigned for the groups I'm interested in. I'm in LA (Tesla delivery center is across the parking lot from my office and I live 10min away) so the delivery radius may not be pertinent to me?

Haha I find it harder to be patient, now that my work productivity is through the roof working remotely, just end up refreshing my Tesla account page about 5-10 times a day.

What's interesting to me is that the VINs haven't been assigned for the groups I'm interested in. I'm in LA (Tesla delivery center is across the parking lot from my office and I live 10min away) so the delivery radius may not be pertinent to me?

It's definitely a maddening experience. Just when you think you have an idea as to why some are getting delivered, others aren't you are starting over. Who knows at this point. I assume there will be significant slowdown/pause with the factory being closed.