Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y window tinting

Model Y window tinting

• Ceramic IR + full front ppf - $3k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xpel xr+ and full front ppf with xpel ultimate - $3.3k

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ceramic IR all windows including sunroof and front windshield + full front ppf (dont remember what film it is) - 3k
Xpel xr+ all windows including sunroof and front windshield + full front (xpel ultimate) - 3.3k

We are talking about 300$ difference between the two. I stretched from 2.5 to 3k just because i wanted to go with atleast known brands. Im tempted to go for xpel but is it really worth it to spend extra 300 or whatever? Jetblack tint quoted me for $2.5k for solar gard tint but im not considering it. My priority is UV blocking and heat rejection over privacy. Looking for advice.

Save some money and skip the sunroof. I'm not sure why everyone makes the same mistake. The sunroof is already done from factory.
It is like the factory back windows but I don't think from all our experience stops much heat and that's the main purpose of the higher end ceramic window tints is to stop heat and block 99.9% UV as well. We have had clients at all three shops not do the sunroof and a vast majority off them stop back for the roof to be done.

It is like the factory back windows but I don't think from all our experience stops much heat and that's the main purpose of the higher end ceramic window tints is to stop heat and block 99.9% UV as well. We have had clients at all three shops not do the sunroof and a vast majority off them stop back for the roof to be done.
Your clients clearly don't understand that no matter how much heat rejection they have, the car will still heat up.

Your clients clearly don't understand that no matter how much heat rejection they have, the car will still heat up.
Yes, very true of the car is left in the sun it's going to heat up no mater what anyone does. It's would be more about once the interior is cooled off, then you don't feel the driving sun on your body. Even if we put a shade over the whole car and stopped the sun, but it was sitting in the heat, the whole car will still heat up.