Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with my sales rep today. He said that all M3P delivered from now on will have the new Battery and Ryzen chip. No news about the new hairpin motor or acoustic glass. My guess is in the next month or two.

Since your location says "mobile" could you at least specify what country you are in? This thread has people from multiple countries participating in it, and "all" of them would be interested in that information, but even if its true, its only applicable for the country you are in.

Also, on a side note, I would believe a tesla "SA" about something like this about as much as I would believe any other Car salesperson saying something or other is in a car. In General, Tesla SAs tend to have less information than even someplace like here has, not more.

Since your location says "mobile" could you at least specify what country you are in? This thread has people from multiple countries participating in it, and "all" of them would be interested in that information, but even if its true, its only applicable for the country you are in.

Also, on a side note, I would believe a tesla "SA" about something like this about as much as I would believe any other Car salesperson saying something or other is in a car. In General, Tesla SAs tend to have less information than even someplace like here has, not more.
Im in Mobile Al. He said that all of the new vins show that the Ryzen Chip and the new battery are in the new vehicles produced and they will not be moving back to the old ones. He was actually really upset because he purchased a M3P last month and he didnt have the upgrades. He said he had no idea when the other updates were coming but he expects them soon.

Maximum value that I have logged in Scan My Tesla.
Do you know the relationship between SMT motor power values and the rated (net) power? I assume SMT is measuring power (volts x amps) at the motors without losses? It is also possible that the rated power is exceeded for a short duration.

I saw that DragTimes also logged 435kW for the M3P and 469kW in the MYP in back to back comparison.

Is there anyway to tell before taking delivery if the car has the ryzen chip? If not can you decline the car in person if it doesn’t and you want to wait or do you lose the 250 and have to put in a new order?
I believe you can tell if it has the Ryzen chip and the lithium ion 12v battery by the vin number. There is another post going over what each letter and number means in the vin. I’d say it likely had it if it was produced recently.

Dont know for Tesla exactly but Hyundai does quote 113kw Battery Output for its 100kw Kona and 170kw Battery Ouput for its 150kw version. So net Power for EVs could be around 10% less of battery output. Tesla states on the website the (peak) power of the M3P is 377kw, that seems quite accurate

@M3PDOC the new battery is actually 15.5V, not 12V anymore :)

I believe you can tell if it has the Ryzen chip and the lithium ion 12v battery by the vin number. There is another post going over what each letter and number means in the vin. I’d say it likely had it if it was produced recently.
I've seen people with newer VIN's receive Intel Atom chips well after the 139xxx so I don't think looking at the VIN is a sure bet.

I don't know if you can reject a car at pick-up if it doesn't. Someone else would have to chime in on how that works with Tesla.

Might be a stupid question/idea, but can't you just get your SA to check for you?

Edit: I'm in a similar situation. Estimated deliver is in June, so i'm assuming by then all M3 will have the Ryzen chip. But in case that people in the Forum still report Mixed deliveries, i also want to be sure to get the Ryzen, new 15v Battery and double glass before picking it up.

Might be a stupid question/idea, but can't you just get your SA to check for you?

Yes you can if they are willing to do that for you. I put in an order to purchase an inventory Model 3 and I called and one of the people at the Corte Madera delivery center was nice enough to actually walk out to the car and check the screen for me before delivery. It turned out that particular car had an Atom chip and I was able to reject that car and convert my purchase to a regular custom order with no issues. I was completely honest with the guy about wanting the new chip and I think they appreciate that instead of people making up fake reasons to reject a car or delivery date.

Reactions: tm1v2
Is there anyway to tell before taking delivery if the car has the ryzen chip? If not can you decline the car in person if it doesn’t and you want to wait or do you lose the 250 and have to put in a new order?
There is one User in our German Forum who is using TeslaAPI to scan the option codes just by using the VIN. Most people are hesitating to send their VIN to a stranger though...also I am unsure if there is an option code for MCU3 (yet).
Do you know the relationship between SMT motor power values and the rated (net) power? I assume SMT is measuring power (volts x amps) at the motors without losses? It is also possible that the rated power is exceeded for a short duration.
I am still unsure about the accuracy to be honest...
  • The M3SR+ (LFP) is rated at 239kW according to COC 3D1 motor power listing and that is exactly what TeslaAPI and Scan My Tesla show as well if you accelerate at full throttle through 70kph / 44mph.
  • The M3P 2019-2021 is rated at 158kW Front / 219kW Rear Power according to COC 3D3, 3D1/3D6 motor power listing. TeslaAPI shows the rear motor peaking at 239kW and Scan My Tesla shows peaks of over 260kW. The front motor overshoots as well to almost 190kW. Battery Power in the 2021 shows up to 440kW if the battery pack is above 90% and 40°C. Hard to tell how much heat loss is produced at these high currents.
  • Operating voltages of all motors are known, but its the same story. If the Voltage is correct, then Tesla is overdelivering on the Amp-Side.
I saw that DragTimes also logged 435kW for the M3P and 469kW in the MYP in back to back comparison.
Do you have a video of the 469klW value? I only remember him driving his 2020 MYP which showed the same Scan My Tesla peak power that Ive seen in my 2021 M3P. 2021 MYP SMT peaks would be very interesting.
I believe you can tell if it has the Ryzen chip and the lithium ion 12v battery by the vin number.
I beleive you cant. Actually its 100% certain if you look at the official VIN decoder which Ive posted here in the past.
There is another post going over what each letter and number means in the vin.
Yes. I have uploaded it again below. This only applies to 2022 MY cars!
478e1524f71eab297e0c4402220179a7ee2b553b.jpeg
d1a093c36336874b41786117dc55a29b7269db0a.jpeg

Reactions: Yonki
There is one User in our German Forum who is using TeslaAPI to scan the option codes just by using the VIN. Most people are hesitating to send their VIN to a stranger though...also I am unsure if there is an option code for MCU3 (yet).

• The M3SR+ (LFP) is rated at 239kW according to COC 3D1 motor power listing and that is exactly what TeslaAPI and Scan My Tesla show as well if you accelerate at full throttle through 70kph / 44mph.
  • The M3P 2019-2021 is rated at 158kW Front / 219kW Rear Power according to COC 3D3, 3D1/3D6 motor power listing. TeslaAPI shows the rear motor peaking at 239kW and Scan My Tesla shows peaks of over 260kW. The front motor overshoots as well to almost 190kW. Battery Power in the 2021 shows up to 440kW if the battery pack is above 90% and 40°C. Hard to tell how much heat loss is produced at these high currents.
  • Operating voltages of all motors are known, but its the same story. If the Voltage is correct, then Tesla is overdelivering on the Amp-Side.

Do you have a video of the 469klW value? I only remember him driving his 2020 MYP which showed the same Scan My Tesla peak power that Ive seen in my 2021 M3P. 2021 MYP SMT peaks would be very interesting.

I beleive you cant. Actually its 100% certain if you look at the official VIN decoder which Ive posted here in the past.

Yes. I have uploaded it again below. This only applies to 2022 MY cars!
478e1524f71eab297e0c4402220179a7ee2b553b.jpeg
d1a093c36336874b41786117dc55a29b7269db0a.jpeg
thank you for the clarification

Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 16.50.33.png

• TeslaAPI shows the rear motor peaking at 239kW ... Battery Power in the 2021 shows up to 440kW if the battery pack is above 90% and 40°C. Hard to tell how much heat loss is produced at these high currents.

Isn't the 219kW COC rating from before the two ~5% OTA updates? 239kW is in the right ballpark and 239kW+158kW minus some misalignment of the motor peaks results in greater than the spec'd 377kW/513PS.

There will be energy lost as heat, so the 440kW battery power is probably only useful as an absolute maximum power consumed figure, if the electronics were 100% efficient - which they are not, and therefore maybe this disproves the SMT overshoot values.

Last edited:
View attachment 752651

Isn't the 219kW COC rating from before the two ~5% OTA updates? 239kW is in the right ballpark and 239kW+158kW minus some misalignment of the motor peaks results in greater than the spec'd 513PS. There will be energy lost as heat, so the 440kW battery power is only useful as an absolute maximum, if the electronics were 100% efficient (which they are not) and maybe this disproves the SMT overshoot values.
Yes, that is the video of the 2020 MYP, that I meant.
My 2021 M3P shows the same peaks as his 2020 MYP.
Also he is making the mistake, that he adds the two motor power together. I know I've done that for illustrative purposes in my motor list as well, but the fact is that the motors are peaking at different speeds. See my 0-235kph run here:
0-235run.jpg

Combined peak power is reached at 88kph showing a Bat Power of 425kW.

Edit: I'm in a similar situation. Estimated deliver is in June, so i'm assuming by then all M3 will have the Ryzen chip. But in case that people in the Forum still report Mixed deliveries, i also want to be sure to get the Ryzen, new 15v Battery and double glass before picking it up.
This is normal. Every year same thing when Tesla change something. Changes are coming slowly to all cars. Like headlamps. Some got old ones, some new ones.

Performance models always get new changes first.
Uskallusta Q2/3 deliveries has all changes.

Cooled driver/passanger seats showing up in M3/Y owners manual.

This is mistake/typo. Auto heater turn of heating.