Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model YLR Delivery now in March

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered my MYLR in early September when delivery dates were estimated for January. A week later it was pushed to February and now September 18 it is March. That’s 2 months in 2 weeks. Wow.
I ordered my MYLR 7 seater black/black with 20" wheels on 9/7. EDD was January at time of order. Now my EDD shows March :(

I hope that changes because I need a car starting in January!!

I was going to wait a bit longer to order but one of the advisors I was working with called and let me know the referral program was ending and had a hunch that a price hike was coming after or soon, so I just decided to order. He got me. oof

Just ordered my MYLR in early September when delivery dates were estimated for January. A week later it was pushed to February and now September 18 it is March. That’s 2 months in 2 weeks. Wow.

I bought mine when the website said February. Now my account says March.

So the push isn't demand related. It's supply chain/manufacturing process related.

My current set of wheels better hang in there for a while

I think once the Texas Giga factory starts production of MYLR, dates will rapidly move back similar to MYP. That is my educated guess seeing these YouTube videos of castings getting into inventory but waiting for the assembly lines to start production.
While I hope so as well, I’d imagine they are already factoring that in? Either way that is just a huge move in time over two short weeks.

Ordered my MYLR 09/10, so obviously don't have an EDD yet, but was also wondering whether the current time (it was listed as February when I ordered) is taking come ramping up of Austin into consideration, or whether it's largely based on Fremont' capacity and schedule. I'm happy to wait until February, but late March or April seem a damn long way away...

I'm in a weird situation on this one. I ordered my MYLR on 9/12 and it said February at the time, and now I haven't had an EDD since. While I want it ASAP, the car it is replacing is a lease and won't be returned until the end of April, so realistically later is better for me...

I'm in a weird situation on this one. I ordered my MYLR on 9/12 and it said February at the time, and now I haven't had an EDD since. While I want it ASAP, the car it is replacing is a lease and won't be returned until the end of April, so realistically later is better for me...
the dates will change many times, mine moved from January to December then unknown then December again then unknown then now moved a week early

EDD for new orders is now April. Something serious is going on with production at Tesla. There's no way they have booked 4 weeks of production in less than a month. If something is going on where MYLR production is crippled indefinitely, like Austin not coming online until Q1, they need to let us order holders know. Just pushing out new order EDDs an additional month with each new week only frustrates us all. This is not normal Tesla EDD shenanigans. Something is up.

Last edited: