Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modification question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Embarrassed to ask such a simple question. I just placed my order and submitted all the photos. Im at the "review and accept" step but dont like the layout. I would like to change the layout of the panels and also ask for a 10kw system. (placed order for 12kw). I am not seeing where i can make changes (besides their cookie cutter sizes).
Any help appreciated,

Eric

You will have to call them to ask for a redesign. First time I spoke with somebody they told me that there would be a $199 fee, however, on a follow up call I was told that as long as the request is made within 5 days of your initial proposal then it’s free. Letting you know in case you get a similar runaround. I’m slightly over 3 weeks while I’m still waiting for my redesign, btw.

Send an email to your advisor, or try to call. Be aware it will add time to the process, but can be done. Took me about a month of back and forth to get the layout and number of panels I wanted. My advisor would take a week or so between each email to respond. Good luck.

Send an email to your advisor, or try to call. Be aware it will add time to the process, but can be done. Took me about a month of back and forth to get the layout and number of panels I wanted. My advisor would take a week or so between each email to respond. Good luck.
Had a similar experience. We initially started with a design for panels. Then a redesign. Then scrapped that and moved to shingles, with a redesign of those as well. Emails would usually take a week to reply. Design engineering turn-around was 2 -3 weeks each time.

Just a note, this is not a complaint.