TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Monitor charging/driving with to own server @ home

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Achim, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Achim

Achim New Member

Hi
    I am quite new to Tesla. I ordered my Model S and it will arrive late December.

Now I a looking for a posibillity to log all data (like Teslafi or TeslaLog) to a own server (linux/apache) which I am using at home.

Is there an open source source code, which is approx. doing the same as TeslaFi or TeslaLog which I can install on my own server.

I not feeling very well with putting my tesla account credentials on a website in the internet, with which you can control the complete car.

I found the node.js project teslams on github, but as far as I understood the docu, you have to build the webpage on your self using this project.
    Has anybody build up s.th. like this and would share it?

Thx for an answer.

2. DukeofURL

DukeofURL Member

I'm not aware of any released code for this, but as you'd mentioned, you can use the API to roll your own. Isn't that half the fun anyway? ;)

3. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

VisibleTesla is a Java app that you can run wherever you'd like. It also has source code available.

Unfortunately, it is also no longer maintained. However it continues to be my preferred application for managing the car.

4. Ande

Ande Member

5. wayner

wayner Active Member

Teslams is probably a good start as that has been updated recently. A lot of the other stuff has been abandoned.

What type of data are you looking to log? Is it just charging data or other info as well?

6. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

Don't want to derail too much, but make sure you are using the bundled JVM, as later versions of Java had issues...

7. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

I have my own interface written in PHP. Works great, use it every day.

apach3guy · GitHub

8. Ande

Ande Member

@apacheguy , do you have any screenshots or a demo running somewhere ? - I really like the idea of self-hosted service like that.