Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most requested features/options/improvements for the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned my stealth model for about 2 plus months here's some I wish I could get on future updates.
1. Ability to close passenger side vents.
2. Ability to adjust size of the reverse cam so I can leave it on, make it smaller and use it while driving with the GPS map.
3. Be able to see battery charge % with range of miles at the same time without going to screen and switching back and forth.
4. Ability to open windows all the way down with phone app.
Besides those small requests, it's an AMAZING vehicle

• Text message support (voice dictation, etc)
  • More music streaming services (SiriusXM, Apple Music, etc)
  • Audio source specific favorites, not just one single bucket for all audio favorites
  • Navigation waypoints
  • Ability to choose from multiple potential routes like in Google Maps
Few of your wishes has been granted already.
+1000 for navigation waypoint and option to chose from multiple routes. I hope they listen and add it soon.

Many good wishes in this thread. For the hardware part my top wishes are:
  • Framed doors (wind noise is excessive compared to my old Mercedes E class)
  • Better noise insulation in general for highway speeds
  • Heated steering wheel
For the software this is what I hope to find in a not too distant update:
  • “USB safe removal” button
  • exFAT support also for TeslaCam (in 10.8.1 not recognized for TeslaCam, but working for USB music)
  • USB player should remember position in list when clicking into an Artist and then back
  • Display speed cameras in map, plus optional visual+audible warnings when closing in too fast
  • Enable setting charging/heating settings (departure time etc) from the app.
  • Support individual departure time for each weekday.
  • Trigger charging and heating from calendar appointments with “magic text” (Tesla Warmup) or similar. Great for people having non-regular work hours.
  • 360 degree (bird’s eye view from above) camera like Mercedes
  • View and delete DashCam and Sentry recordings on the car screen

It would be nice to have the option of overlaying vehicle telemetry onto dash cam footage. Speed, GPS location, heading, accelerator/brake % (maybe same spot but green value for accelerating and red for brake), and if AP is active or not.