Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mostly Smooth Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a LR AWD (82XXX, blue/black, 19”, no FSD, no tow) today. A few relatively minor scratches in the clear coat on the drivers side rear quarter panel and the center console square door is misaligned so it catches a bit on the cup holder trim piece - booked a Tuesday morning mobile service appointment to hopefully just have the scratches buffed out and the console door looked at.

Other than those two issues, no panel gap or panel/door alignment issues, all other interior trim looked good. The gap between the sheet metal and the plastic wheel arch molding looks very slightly inconsistent, but only by a millimeter - it’s so minor I didn’t notice it until my second time around the car, and despite all the time I spent admiring the car in the garage after we got it home, I forgot about it until just now.

All in all, I’m calling this a win. Very happy with our new car!

Took my Y to the SC this morning. Unfortunately the service advisor said there wasn’t much they could do about the misaligned center console door - apparently it’s not really adjustable, and he showed me two other Y’s they had that had identically misaligned doors, so his hopes of fixing it with a replacement part weren’t high. He offered anyway, but I said I’d hold off.

For the scratches, he said they weren’t equipped to buff them out properly there, so they’re going to pay to send my car to a highly-regarded detailing place to have the whole exterior properly buffed and detailed.

On the plus side, while looking at the center console, the dude noticed that the interior trim just above the passenger side B pillar wasn’t as tight against the roof glass as it should be, so they fixed that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlvs