Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Trend's Model X P90D(L) Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read the comments of that article, and man Tesla and Model X get a lot of hate. And so many people saying that Teslas are just toys for the rich, and only useful as a third or fourth car.

Really funny since Model S is my primary car and my only car. And so far, I've had zero issues and there has been nothing that my car couldn't handle.

Most people just don't "get it" yet. You have to give them time. The Model 3 will help quite a bit with changing the mindset of the masses.

Reactions: madodel
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Falcon Wing doors are nothing short of amazing for getting my rear facing toddlers into their car seats. The week before we took delivery of our Model X, I actually strained my lower back a bit getting one of our twins in our RAV4. I wasn't bending over, but I do have to extend my reach so I don't bump their heads on the car ceiling. With the Model X, I can just drop them straight in from the top, and manage all the buckles and straps without ducking into the vehicle. It might be a gimmick to those without car seats, but it's a luxury to me.

I have had the same experience (minus the strained back). If the measure of a gimmick is not missing a feature, the Fwdoors are a key feature for my family. I will not drive my kids in my wife's car because her car does not have falcon wing doors. We primarily take the kids in my car because we love the falcon wing doors and miss them when riding in non-Model Xs.

I found this review to be lazy in its criticisms. If one does not miss a feature, it's a gimmick? I have not missed any of the features in my Model S, since I received my Model X in January. Therefore my Model S must be a gimmick. The panoramic roof, the door handles, the lower ride. It's personal preference: even features you miss are personal preferences. The design of X is a pregnant hippo? Nonsense. I would like to know what SUV or crossovers this MT columnist finds attractive.

Reactions: madodel and Jon
Motor Trend just posted their review of the Model X P90D. Summary:

Feels that the falcon wing doors, windshield, and monopost seats are all gimmicks.

Likes the auto-opening driver's door, infotainment system, and autopilot.

0 to 60 in 3.2 is the quickest SUV they've ever tested.

Full review here.
funny they think the fwd's & windshield are gymmicks, but not the driver's door etc. Like to know how they draw that line.