Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motortrend- Tesla Model 3 beats Genesis G70 and BMW 330i

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model 3 vs. BMW 330i vs. Genesis G70 Compact Luxury Sedan Comparison - MotorTrend

As Cortina so aptly put it, "The Ultimate Driving Machine needs to do more work."

It makes all the right moves and ticks all the right boxes. Through no fault of its own, the G70 represents the pinnacle of a segment … just as that segment is poised to charge in a completely new and uncharted direction.
The Tesla Model 3 wins this competition because it has thoroughly rewritten the rules of what a compact sport sedan can be. As it turns out, the number 3 is still the benchmark number for this segment. It just now happens to be a different type of 3.

Last edited:
Why? They tested the Tesla 3 LR AWD version. As it was, the 330i costs $6K more. Even the Standard+ RWD, at $20K LESS, would take the BMW in 0-60 by .1 second.
The fully loaded G70 AWD 365 HP 3.3T cost $53,245. Similar price and power...so a fairer comparable. That's all I'm saying. The Bimmer with the all the G70's equipment would be close to $70k. Crazy high price!

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Whatever the vehicle configuration, this is an historic comparison. Four auto critics from the biggest automotive magazine had to concede that the Tesla 3 was the best in a comparison of three top $50K sedans. There is no going back. ICE cars will be obsolete in a decade.
I agree ICE cars are going away in the near future. Genesis has teamed up with Rimac. That should be interesting!

There is no going back. ICE cars will be obsolete in a decade.

Yep, MotorTrend just capped the ICE automobile industry.
Just like that!

Pelosi-clapping-small.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Leafdriver333