Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mountain Pass Performance Coilovers for RWD M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Specially there are 3 options for coilovers that are tested and will do the job for the model 3.

MPP: comfort & sport
UP
KW VARIANT

Attachments

• 932C6C60-2DE3-48E4-99C1-15487D68447A.png
    932C6C60-2DE3-48E4-99C1-15487D68447A.png
    1 MB · Views: 117
  • BA9C0619-1602-43A3-9C0F-9A40AF6F9592.png
    BA9C0619-1602-43A3-9C0F-9A40AF6F9592.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 85
  • DBDC9530-82B1-4282-8B8B-9C175872BDF6.png
    DBDC9530-82B1-4282-8B8B-9C175872BDF6.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
Please send me the answer! Never had coil overs before!
Ride height vs. ride comfort/body roll - There is no difference unless you absolutely slam the car and engage the bump stops during cornering.

Height adjustment - You'll need to remove the wheels to access the spring perches, and remember if you make big changes you'll need to get an alignment after!

This made my decision easier. Was gonna go w springs to save $$ for accessories. Accessories would have to wait now.

you said cambers aren’t necessary. I’m thinking of lowering it 1.4” rear and 1.5” up front to make the car evenly spaced (tire and fender). Would I need the cambers for both front & rear? How long do I wait until I get an alignment? Thanks.

Took my m3p into the shop today, get car back on Thursday: MPP Sport Coilovers + Front control arm bushings + ss brake lines getting installed! Cant wait! Hope I picked a good mechanic, no CO Tesla guru's I could find but this shop does all German makes incl Porsche, Audi, BMW, vw....and their Forman used to work for Tesla Service...fingers crossed.

Snow is finally clear and yesterday I did my 80mile mountain loop for the first time (near Masonville Colorado) - stock the car did pretty fantastic, at least vs. my driving abilities. Lots of twists and turns and elevation changes - power is awesome and smooth roads so the handling was pretty good so didn't really 'need' the coilovers, but figured they'll be that much better, bit more control, bit lower, bit better ride - why the he'll not!

Oh yeah, I also have the UP sway bars but decided to hold off on those for now....and stick with all MPP parts too make sure all working well together....can always do the sb's later or selll and wait for MPP to release a set, just to keep it one vendor!

Reactions: MountainPass
Ok, first mountain run with the MPP's (set to recommended Comp/Rebound, took a more difficult alternate route with more undulations / challenge for the suspension) - absolutely fantastic!!!!!! Total Control / locked down / balanced...never got the chassis upset! Steering felt great / great front end traction!!! Track mode pretty legit (extra regen braking pretty cool)...didnt take long to get 1g on the meter (not sure how accurate that is but I love a challenge)! Car so easy to drive, great traction and precision - was just a great run. Over summer I'm going to time myself M3P vs. SuperDuke R - should be interesting!!! No noticeable NVH differences...I didnt look for it too hard but no radio for 30 miles and all good. For my use case, regular driving, commuting (not much now), weekend fun in the mountains, I value control / feel over cadillac ride- I could not be happier with the MPP purchase and the M3P!

Happy with the height at 116mm fr / 118mm rr as it clears my driveway curb by 1/4" in reverse (I have a big curb lip) and still shrinks the Fender clearance for better visual.

I'll have try a bit stiffer just to compare vs. current and make sure I'm not missing anything!

Crap pic, take some more this weekend
IMG_0768.jpeg

Last edited:
The wheels are 19" Vertini RF1.1 in brushed titanium. I got 8.5 in front and 9.5 in rear since I wanted a staggered stance. I was worried about the 8.5's in front, but the offset seems to work just fine on the M3. Honestly, really love them.
Hello! First time poster here and just starting to mod my M3 from stock - what tire size and offset were the Vertini RF1.1?

I’m planning on some 19” wheels and lowering 1.5” too so thought I’d ask, yours looks amazing btw!