Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mounts & power source for front & rear dash cameras?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Context: our family has a 2000 Honda Civic. I am therefore not exactly up-to-date on car tech.

Does anyone foresee (or do any other manufacturers offer) mounting surfaces and power sources for front and rear-racing dash cams on the Model 3? I always find it odd seeing videos of people having to disassemble their vehicles to run a wire to their dash cams when it seems like it would be a fairly easy thing for there to be a USB plug on the back of the rear view mirror. There is already power available there to run other vehicle electronics. There COULD also be an integrated camera, but I feel like many (myself included) would prefer being able to select aftermarket ones.

With that said, given the design of the Model 3, the rear one would have to be somewhere creative.

Thanks for your input on this!

Reactions: MP3Mike
Given all of the autopilot hardware, there shouldn't be a need for a 3rd party dashcam. The car should already have enough cameras. The question is whether Tesla will allow owners to easily access & download the videos.