Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mouse in the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was getting into my car around 5:00am this morning and when the car auto presented itself the lights turned on. I saw a mouse run across the backseat. I live in the country so I'm not shocked to see a mouse but I've never seen one in a car before.

Could mice be attracted to the car because the batteries stay at a warmer temp?

Anybody seen this before?

You definitely want to get the mouse out of the car. They can do serious damage to wiring. I would not suggest any type of poisons as you don't want it to die in the car. In my area, I like to use the Victor Electronic trap. You can get it at any Home Depot. Put a little peanut butter on the back plate and you will get your culprit.

Could mice be attracted to the car because the batteries stay at a warmer temp?
Sounds very plausible to me. Having had mice eat the guts out of seats in a 60's Ford, and cause chaos with the wiring in a 60's GM - I'd try to dissuade it from returning. But as the only likely heat source in the place, that might be hard. Hope the pack is not made of the same wiring insulation as Toyota/Lexus wiring - the bunnies around here love that stuff!

I had mice in my garage and in my Prius. I bought a Hoont electronic trap and that was the magic bullet. They never got into the S as far as I know.

You can plug it in or use batteries and it gives a beep and blinks after a kill.... it never misses.

I'd get one, put it in your trunk for a few nights then put it in the area you park in.